Wilkinson Sails does it again

Colvic Watson

Visit site
So we had a bit of trouble getting launched, jobs over ran and got a bit confused - big credit to Foxs for solving issues BTW. It all meant we couldn't rig until just 2 days before we left for the big holiday. I emailed Cindy saying "help we need a mizzen stackpack". Cindy remarked that it was a very small mizzen so don't worry - clearly size does matter. She told us to set off and she'd sort it. Three days later we motored into Dover marina and there it was in the harbour office waiting for us. It fitted like a glove though that's partly down to my brilliance because I'd taken the measurements :D. But get this, I'd emailed the last measurement three days before Cindy personally delivered it to one of our stopping points en route. Cindy you are a marvel and Wilkinson Sails is a big asset to the East Coast.

philiphurst

Visit site
So we had a bit of trouble getting launched, jobs over ran and got a bit confused - big credit to Foxs for solving issues BTW. It all meant we couldn't rig until just 2 days before we left for the big holiday. I emailed Cindy saying "help we need a mizzen stackpack". Cindy remarked that it was a very small mizzen so don't worry - clearly size does matter. She told us to set off and she'd sort it. Three days later we motored into Dover marina and there it was in the harbour office waiting for us. It fitted like a glove though that's partly down to my brilliance because I'd taken the measurements :D. But get this, I'd emailed the last measurement three days before Cindy personally delivered it to one of our stopping points en route. Cindy you are a marvel and Wilkinson Sails is a big asset to the East Coast.

Not the first time that I've heard fulsome praise of this business. Is anybody able to comment upon their sail valeting service, please.

Pyramid

Visit site
Very efficient service - my experience via the Fashersham business - the sails were cleaned well and the service included a sail condition check with advice as necessary. Really nice people to deal with too, without the often associated snobbishness.

Tradewinds

www.laurelberrystudio.com
So we had a bit of trouble getting launched, jobs over ran and got a bit confused - big credit to Foxs for solving issues BTW. It all meant we couldn't rig until just 2 days before we left for the big holiday. I emailed Cindy saying "help we need a mizzen stackpack". Cindy remarked that it was a very small mizzen so don't worry - clearly size does matter.
So you've gone back to ketch rig again?

philiphurst

Visit site
Thanks for the replies. That's now three people that have been happy with their valeting service. (Two here plus a friend). That's good enough for me.

Had mine done locally at the start of the season and was very disappointed. I could have done a better job myself. Otoh, the repair work was ok.

wilkinsonsails

Visit site
Many thanks for your kind comments ,we can sometimes squeeze our work schedule to fit demand ��.
Finished a emergency sail repair at 11pm last week too.
I always hope it means I get more time off to go sailing at other quieter times ,but it's not always successful.dooh .