Why Fairline need a coastal factory

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
It's certainly great news that they'll be in Southampton Water, although is there a sufficiently skilled local workforce around?

It'll be a challenge but I guess that they'll relocate some staff from Oundle / Ipswich either temporarily or permanently, try and recruit some people locally with the right skills, train up some local sparkies / chippies, taken on some apprentices, etc.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Thats really good news and its great to see Fairline gearing up, if not to go toe to toe with Princess and Sunseeker, at least to take a chunk of their market share. At least thats what I assume their intention is. Pete, I guess you can't tell us but do you know which models Fairline intends to build there? Is there a maximum size that the new factory can handle?

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Thats really good news and its great to see Fairline gearing up, if not to go toe to toe with Princess and Sunseeker, at least to take a chunk of their market share. At least thats what I assume their intention is. Pete, I guess you can't tell us but do you know which models Fairline intends to build there? Is there a maximum size that the new factory can handle?

Mike, the Targa 63GTO, Sq64 and the Sq78 replacement (Sq82) will all be built there. The new facility can accommodate boats up to 200ft so it will be a year or two before they outgrow it :).

AllanG

Visit site
It'll be a challenge but I guess that they'll relocate some staff from Oundle / Ipswich either temporarily or permanently, try and recruit some people locally with the right skills, train up some local sparkies / chippies, taken on some apprentices, etc.

Well, there could always be the possibility of recruiting some of the staff made redundant when Green Marine went bust in October?

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Mike, the Targa 63GTO, Sq64 and the Sq78 replacement (Sq82) will all be built there. The new facility can accommodate boats up to 200ft so it will be a year or two before they outgrow it :).

That leaves room for at least 2 new models between the 64 and 82 then:D

rafiki_

Visit site
More great news from Fairline. Their progress in the 2 years since rebirth is incredible. Having met a few of the key players, it really is no surprise. More power to them, and I look forward to the build thread of an early 82 :encouragement:

Bigplumbs

Visit site
“Skilled work force “ seems to be some sort of mental barrier to change ? From reading the posts so for .

Can some one kindly describe what exactly this is ps?

Do bear in mind before you wear out your key board in haste , the new well received GTO 63 , is not built using the FL , Grid , Matrix , foam what ever PeteM / JFM describe it as ?, I called it a liner ( moot point agree ) - Technique , The new stuff ,s a none grid ,- dare I say it liner method .- Thank Vripac ( sp ? ) for that .

So if i owned it ,if it was me runing it I would err towards to a build technique that you could train a troop of chimpanzees to do in 1/2 a day on the minimal wage , over seen by by a guy with experience who I would pay to relocate because he has proven he has more than 1/2 a brain over the years @ Oundle .
Other stuff can be made off site in a modular kinda way and shipped into to the new sea side site for fitting .
Vac bagging springs to mind , Ok you may have to be a bit selective with the Chimps :)
But I don,t buy into this ( if I understand the theme above ) “ skilled work force “ issue freezing FL to Oundle for ever and ever - nonsense! , thus capping build @ 78:,while the rest of world moves on .

Move to Plymouth or Poole ,and they will kill you , In fact you are doing them a favour , in the sense the only workers you will poach ( so called ready made skilled ) will be the dross , the lefty’s , troubled makers , the ones on a warning , the ones that are a problems .Believe me I written some great carefully worded references to competitors to get rid of dross staff that basically I could not sack .
So moving nearer to competitors - you are boosting them and saddling yourself wirh there $hit workeres .

Ipswich - buy out your neighbours .

There speaks the worst kind of capitalist. I hope your workers read posts like this and leave you in droves.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
“Skilled work force “ seems to be some sort of mental barrier to change ? From reading the posts so for .

Can some one kindly describe what exactly this is ps?

Do bear in mind before you wear out your key board in haste , the new well received GTO 63 , is not built using the FL , Grid , Matrix , foam what ever PeteM / JFM describe it as ?, I called it a liner ( moot point agree ) - Technique , The new stuff ,s a none grid ,- dare I say it liner method .- Thank Vripac ( sp ? ) for that .

So if i owned it ,if it was me runing it I would err towards to a build technique that you could train a troop of chimpanzees to do in 1/2 a day on the minimal wage , over seen by by a guy with experience who I would pay to relocate because he has proven he has more than 1/2 a brain over the years @ Oundle .
Other stuff can be made off site in a modular kinda way and shipped into to the new sea side site for fitting .
Vac bagging springs to mind , Ok you may have to be a bit selective with the Chimps :)
But I don,t buy into this ( if I understand the theme above ) “ skilled work force “ issue freezing FL to Oundle for ever and ever - nonsense! , thus capping build @ 78:,while the rest of world moves on .

Move to Plymouth or Poole ,and they will kill you , In fact you are doing them a favour , in the sense the only workers you will poach ( so called ready made skilled ) will be the dross , the lefty’s , troubled makers , the ones on a warning , the ones that are a problems .Believe me I written some great carefully worded references to competitors to get rid of dross staff that basically I could not sack .
So moving nearer to competitors - you are boosting them and saddling yourself wirh there $hit workeres .

Ipswich - buy out your neighbours .
I understand you don't have a clue about the manufacture and assembly of complex systems, including boats.