Which replacement VHF

ears media

Visit site
Personally, giving users the simple ability to reprogram MMSI numbers is bad news. There are of course able and knowledgeable users who understand these things but far, far more people who might be tempted to buy dodgy secondhand or even stolen gear.

I'm a bit biased, but I'm always willing to reprogram MMSI numbers for products I have sold for just the postage, or free if people bring them to the office, plus if I have the software, I don't mind doing it for people sent to me by recommendation. I did one for the first time the other day - an Icom. I had the software for programming as I service a number of lifeboat crews needs locally, channel wise. This model, that I'd not ever actually sold, but had the software, was refusing to play ball with the programming because Icom cables are always a bit trial and error to get the right combination of cable and adaptors. I wondered if maybe this radio needed to be in programming mode. Most of the Icom radios don't need this step, but a few do, I dug out the service manual and it was turn the radio off, turn the radio on while holding two buttons - this put it into program mode fine - but reset the MMSI number as part of the start up.

For any radio, it's well worth Googling the snake, model and something like factory reset, or program mode and see if anything comes up.