which raw water pump do i have?

Falcoron

Visit site
Is there anyway of telling which raw water pump i have on my Twin Hino WO6D ( 250hp 6 cylinder) engines?

I want to get impellers and change the antifreeze but would have liked to have the parts before draining and doing this.
The pump covers usually have the name and part number stamped but my covers are speed fit so no clue to the make or model of the pump.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 29

Falcoron

Visit site
Contact Tides Marine with the part number of the cover. They will know which pump it fits.
Thats the problem there is no serial number on the cover only
" tides marine, speedseal, patent and design protected" but i will try them and see if any help. Thanks
Is there anyway of telling which raw water pump i have on my Twin Hino WO6D ( 250hp 6 cylinder) engines?

I want to get impellers and change the antifreeze but would have liked to have the parts before draining and doing this.
The pump covers usually have the name and part number stamped but my covers are speed fit so no clue to the make or model of the pump.

Thanks in advance.

Tranona

Visit site
That is a standard cover - just has thumb screws instead of normal screws. Not sure it is Tides Marine as they don't seem to make water pumps of that type. You could try their UK office in Poole shaft-seals.co.uk

oldgit

Visit site
Always found that Fairy liquid is best to ease the vanes into the pump chamber.
A lot easier to wash off your fingers and hands after fitting as well .
Experience suggest that impellers moulded with fewer thicker vanes seem to last longer than those with multiple thinner vanes ?

Last edited:

Daydream believer

Visit site
Should be able to get a face plate off and impellor out without any great loss of coolant .
It is raw water.The OP is not going to lose coolant, unless he flushed out the engine prior to lay up. But if one is getting ready to go motoring again any coolant in the system will be gone in a minute
Generally, with the inlet valve closed one only loses a cupful of water. Stick a disposable nappy under it to soak up the water.

oldgit

Visit site
It is raw water. You are not going to lose coolant, unless you flushed out the engine prior to lay up. But if you are getting ready to go motoring again any coolant in the system will be gone in a minute
Generally, with the inlet valve closed one only loses a cupful of water. Stick a disposable nappy under it to soak up the water
(y)

Falcoron

Visit site
Thanks guys, as always a font of knowledge. Needing a new knee, hip and sciatica flaring up , can’t wait to get stuck into this one 🫣 Need to be a racing snake to work on boats 😂😏