Which Antifoul choice for between tides application ?

matt21

Visit site
Looking to apply antifoul between tides on my yacht. Have about 6 hours, International Cruiser Ono seems to have the right drying time, if I'm quick. Had Trilux applied before (but it takes 24hrs to dry) when lifted. Conccern is that the Cruiser Ono isn't suitable for scrubbing.

Any recommendations ?

thanks.

steve28

www.falmouthgypsy.com
having done this several times, the only things i have found that matters most is to make sure you wash down the boat with fresh water prior to putting more af on, and to pick a day when the boat can dry enough.
If the above is not done (only what i have found) the af will shell off

steve

doug748

Visit site
I have had success with all sorts of stuff, bearing in mind I always use eroding paint, at the economy end of the market.
Last year Blakes Tiger Cruising went on well even in rotten conditions. Seajet, Plastimo and XM have also performed well and dried quickly.

retsina

Visit site
The Seago dries very quickly on a sunny day. If not enought time, do half the boat one day and allow time to dry and the other half next day if possible. But it is important to choose a dry sunny day

wooslehunter

Visit site
First pick a short list of antifouls that work for your area & type of sailing.

I use Shogun on a drying mooring at the top of Chichester Harbour. It drys quickly although I haven't looked at the data sheet for the drying time. However, it may not be any good for you. For me it's better than either Tiger or Uno. I've tried them both. However either of tehse or something else may work better in your water.