Which anchor for rapid dispatch?

Sgeir

s14.photobucket.com
On the telly just now, watched Harrison Ford do away with Sean Bean in a particularly gruesome and lingering way with a Danforth.

I reckon a decent CQR may have been quicker and cleaner. Any views?

shmoo

Visit site
Never mind views. This is anchors. You need facts. Here are the facts. I've been killing people with anchors for hundreds of years. Not just people but lions and tigers as well and I know, not think, but know, that a Bruce is the best anchor for killing things. End the thread now while you have the right facts. Others will come along and give you wrong facts - people do that with anchors.

G

[ QUOTE ]
Never mind views. This is anchors. You need facts. Here are the facts. I've been killing people with anchors for hundreds of years. Not just people but lions and tigers as well and I know, not think, but know, that a Bruce is the best anchor for killing things. End the thread now while you have the right facts. Others will come along and give you wrong facts - people do that with anchors.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I worry about this forum /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

JKay

Visit site
what ratio of chain/rope do you use to batter these fings

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheers Joe

shmoo

Visit site
Before you mis-spell shmoo remember I have an anchor.

In an attempt to generallise the situation about anchors and correctness I offer forum a law:

Law of anchors

Any well formed assertion about anchors is correct

A lemma can be stated:

If two mutually exclusive well formed assertions are made about anchors they are both, simultaneously, correct

The exact syntax of well formed needs further research but probably starts off with the general form “I have been doing something with anchors for 30 years and..."

GMac

Visit site
Ahh.. I beg to differ, it is an anchor thread after all /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I feel safe doing so as I'm currently sitting amongst 500 odd anchors and massive pile of rope and chain for the bonded to the legs of shmoo, if required. There's a though, if this all goes horribly bad we may have the 1st murder-suicide by Bruce. Personally I'd use a Pool or similar type, heavier and cheaper especially if you have to 'dispatch' many at once i.e. the entire tax department /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just because it may start "I've been XX for 30 years" doesn't mean it is valid for today. It very well maybe but equally maybe completely beyond it's use by date.

A bloke was saying just yesterday he chucked his stretchy rope halyards in and went wire, it works so much better. There was no way in hell he was changing his mind. When quizzed why he was having issues with rope halyards it was discovered he was talking about 1978. Hello!!! and get a calender.

Sans Bateau

Visit site
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

...and there I was about to tell you how happy I am with the self launching of my new Delta.....

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

...your not in the least bit interested!!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

polantom

Visit site
[/old fart mode engaged]Well as I sit stroking my long gray beard I have to inform you young fellers that for all your anchoring needs I have to recommend an 800lb Fisherman with sixty fathoms of four inch chain. The real secret of course is that every link of the chain should be secured with a pubic hair hand plucked from the scrotum of a male gorilla and the anchor should be smeared with the hand milked juices of a male bengal tiger. Believe me, youngsters, do that and you'll never worry about anchoring again![/old fart mode off]

Of course if you just want kill someone with an anchor, just make sure its a heavy one and that the victims feet are chained to it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hylass

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

<span style="color:blue"> Of course if you just want kill someone with an anchor, just make sure its a heavy one and that the victims feet are chained to it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif </span>

[/ QUOTE ]

Try this..
saintancre.jpg

hylass

Visit site
May I introduce to you the latest design, from Kangooland??

Self penetrating..

Mostly designed for sand!.

Number #1 at the last anchor test...

see on: KANGONCHOR

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sgeir

s14.photobucket.com
I feel that this would be a more balanced and informed debate if Craig would publish the results of the various independent tests that he's undertaken on the capacity of anchors to dispatch quickly and cleanly.

hylass

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
<span style="color:blue"> this would be a more balanced and informed debate if Craig would publish the results of the various independent tests that he's undertaken </span>

[/ QUOTE ]

NO WAY!!!..

NO CHANCE at all that Craig's anchor will bite the <span style="color:blue"> KANGONCHOR </span> ..

<span style="color:blue"> www.Idonotsellanyanchor.com.uk</span> /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

claymore

Visit site
It didn't work.
Ive seen seen been in something since Patriot Games so if he was killed, how come, huh?
Anyway - blood wasn't bright red and frothy so it didn't do for his lungs so all I can think was that when the boat hit the rocks, the bloody anchor didn't hold and thats how he was ok.