Wheres the boat ad links gone

DAVIDO

Visit site
I notice a couple of forumites have removed their boat ad links. Not wishing to stir up any trouble in case there are any nit pickers about, have they been removed voluntarily or not.
Personally i would prefer to buy a boat from a forumite having read of their views and experiences with said boat than one whos history i know nothing of.
I think it does no harm and is usefull to know whos boats are for sale.

DAVIDO

Visit site
I would appreciate you putting it back sir i for one like to look at things that one day i may be able to afford.

clivew05

Visit site
I have not been involved in these altercations to date - but I agree with the first post here - If I were going to buy another boat it would be from someone that I know and trust first and where better than in the forum where boating is key - as said the owner opinions and advice on said boat would go much further than an unknow broker who is out for the buck and offers no recourse if the boat does not live up to expectations ...

Cant see anything wrong with a mention about a boat sale and then PM from there on maybe ....

Jezz you did nothing wrong as far as I can see - if forumites dont like the ads then dont read them simple as that its not compulsory - but for those that are interested its a good idea ...

Thats my 3p worth .....

Clive

Garryt

www.filemakerservices.com
Go on....put it back!

Like others here, I would be more inclined to buy from a forumite who looks after their boat than an unknown....plus save a few pennies with by-passing the broker! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It would be different if it was really blatant and formed the headline of the posting!

No harm at all!!

sunquest

Visit site
Reading on the sidelines, I agree with all the posts so far. Having followed Whitelighters saga from start to finish, clearly a boat so cared for is a bargain to its new owner and I fully support links to boat ads. Currently, I am seriously thinking about Gludy's Drumbeat but the spirit is willing and the flesh is weak. But then again I have the breaking strain of a Kit Kat /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gjgm

Visit site
Enough favouritism on these boat ads.No, I cant go along with this discrimination. One rule for some, but one rule for others. YBM.COM have got to step in and do something about it and stop it. Its simply not fair on someone like me that doesnt have a boat to sell.
(What could I link to instead?)

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Another factor is that the typically ybw'er is likely to be much better informed and aware of the need (and the technique) to do certain things properly like servicing the engine appropriately (with the right fluids and parts), replacing seacocks with the correct sort, and generally use good maintenance techniques, along with fit the best available kit within their budget.....

For these reasons alone, I too would place a forumites boat higher on my list than a non forumites....

So put it back Jez!