Where to sell a prop?

Jegs

Visit site
Andy @ Invicta has done a magnificent job fettling my prop. I've sold the boat, with another prop attached, & wish to sell this one. YBW max. value is too low (haven't they heard of inflation) and would ask if anyone could advise a likely outlet to advertise this gem.

Thanks,
John G

PetiteFleur

Visit site
Definitely use ebay - I've sold lots of boating bits on ebay. Sell it on Buy it Now rather than auction, with an option of Make an Offer. Put a realistic price on and it'll sell.

waynes world

Visit site
Its a tough one nowadays, Facebook Marketplace is full of scammers and idiots. besides Facebook run by idiots.
Ebay to many timewasters. Gumtree not bad but less folk looking.
Much same where ever you try now just stick by your guns and dont look for a quick sale.

As posts above put it on here. less idiots.

Canopy Locked

Visit site
Its a tough one nowadays, Facebook Marketplace is full of scammers and idiots. besides Facebook run by idiots.
Ebay to many timewasters. Gumtree not bad but less folk looking.
Much same where ever you try now just stick by your guns and dont look for a quick sale.

As posts above put it on here. less idiots.

Quite agree about FB market place being full of scammers, however it reaches a wide audience. Not a fan of Ebay after hearing of stories where people get issues with the the payment system rules.

For my tuppence worth I'd stick it on FB market place and I'd look through FB for groups that have relevance to what you have to sell. Some groups allow selling, some don't - and post on those. Ignore obvious time wasters and don't let them get to you.

Daydream believer

Visit site
I have just sold my old Volvo engine which packed upsuddenly, to West End Marine.-07714 306746- they buy old engines. refurb them & sell them on.
Give them a call & ask if they want the prop. They may sell it on with one of the engines. At least you will not be messed about & they arranged to pay up front & arranged collection
It may work for you. One has to accept that they have to make a profit etc so you will not get a lot. But how much do you expect on ebay? have a figure in mind when you ring & negotiate from there.

Seastoke

Visit site
I have just sold my old Volvo engine which packed upsuddenly, to West End Marine.-07714 306746- they buy old engines. refurb them & sell them on.
Give them a call & ask if they want the prop. They may sell it on with one of the engines. At least you will not be messed about & they arranged to pay up front & arranged collection
It may work for you. One has to accept that they have to make a profit etc so you will not get a lot. But how much do you expect on ebay? have a figure in mind when you ring & negotiate from there.
Are they from up north somewhere .

WoodyP

Visit site
If you leave it overnight next to the boat, which I did , you won't have one to sell..The engine was too heavy,so l got to sell that.