Where to find a sailing woman?

Ric

Visit site
I'm always terribly envious of blokes who find women to sail around the world with. Where do they get them from? Are they doing it voluntarily? All the women I ever meet get jealous of my boat after a while, and one even wanted me to get a stinkboat!

If any nice sailing women are reading this, who know how to sail and know they like it, and would like to get in touch please do!

<hr width=100% size=1>

cloudnine

Jolly Harbour Antigua, running my Charter business
Visit site
I suppose "are they doing it voluntarily?" is a good question 'cos once they are "out there" they don't exactly have a lot of choice do they?

Alternatively I get this vision of a nubile nakedness (or possibly wet "T" shirt) lashed to the mast silently plotting her revenge against Crews**kers. I bet that has struck a chord somewhere!!

Filling out your forum profile with a bit more detail might be a good place to start but avoid Occupation - mad axe murderer!! That tends to limit your appeal.

Good luck!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Badger

Visit site
Get a T Shirt

This worked for me. Get a T-Shirt that says "Wanted Good woman, must be able to cook clean and steer.Must have yacht". Go to the Mad Mongoose bar in Antigua during race week and strut around wearing this and false dreadlocks.Failing this try the Square Rigger in Hamble or the Queens head.

<hr width=100% size=1>

pyrojames

transat2013.blogspot.co.uk
Don't look for someone who is into sailing, find someone who is sporty and looking for a new pastime. Then train them up. You then get control over the way they do things too!

Worked for me.....for the sailing round the world bit anyway.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Re: sailing woman

i can't see how this would work. You would be much better off with a sailing yacht than a sailing woman, surely? A sailing woman might be ok downwind but not really have the storage or the rig you need for a circumnavigation. imho.

<hr width=100% size=1>

snowleopard

Visit site
interesting observation

look at keen sailing wives - 90% of them are 2nd wives. what does that tell you?

<hr width=100% size=1>

jimi

Visit site
Re: interesting observation

Tells you its bloody dangerous and the skippers are crap at MOB!

<hr width=100% size=1>.. whit way roon should it be again ..

chas

Visit site
There might be a message in the fact that all the crew availabe seem to be men and all the requests for crew are seeking ladies???

<hr width=100% size=1>

ChrisE

www.simpleisgood.com
It\'s not always the case that...

....the bloke is the prime sailor.

Whilst acknowledging that most husband and wife sailing teams are single handers and the wife, Mrs Enstone learnt her trade with all girly crew and didn't let me, a lifelong fisherman, anywhere near a boat for over a year. She is a much better sailor than me. I'm good at close quarters stuff and navving but she can set a sail and a course a lot better than me.

I reckon our lovelorn friend should cultivate a female skipper.

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

First then second ....

First wife - Insisted that I could only have a boat if we also had a caravan ! Spent holidays in caravan, occasional days on my own on boat ! Soon cured that one !!!! Sold the caravan and found another lass !

Lass who is NOW my second wife - loves boats, loves me, won't go near boat without bottle of plonk etc. Is younger than me ..... life has become interesting again !!! She even agreed to my new 'fad' - the house with its own private boat canal to the river and pontoon !!

Now where to find such a 'mermaid' - Russian ....... !!!

<hr width=100% size=1>Nigel ...
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.qqbaltic.com/index.html>http://www.qqbaltic.com/index.html</A> For all those disbelievers ! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

mike_bryon

Visit site
Re: First then second ....

My wife and I met through crew seekers! I needed crew for an Atlantic cruise and my wife was one of the applicants. She had sailed from the Caribbean to Tahiti the previous summer and was fantastic crew for the summer trip. The crew seekers service is free to yacht owners. Why not give it a try.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Viceroy

Visit site
Seriously...look into sailing courses offered in your area. If you're sufficiently skilled, volunteer as an instructor. Or, volunteer/get involved with a sailing club...even juniors have mothers. I instruct our local Power & Sail Squadron courses and have met many single/"transitional" women (and men...for interested ladies), a number of whom are now fine sailors and under the circumstances, equally good partners for nautical adventures. For what its worth, a female student of mine, 3 years ago, is now SWMBO...a great partner, excellent on the helm and very accomplished...up to and including celestial navigation. No 'round the world ambitions but we charter regularly for our holidays. Cheers, Richard.

<hr width=100% size=1>

heerenleed

www.heerenleed.com
We know of two! One might even be on the loose.....
Problem is, she surely is a better sailor than you - or me for that matter - So you should seriously ask yourself if that is what you want.

cheers

<hr width=100% size=1>Peter a/b SV Heerenleed, Steenbergen, Netherlands

Becky

Visit site
Some while ago, a suggestion was made to start a 'sailing men' calander. This would be a start. Also perhaps a nice photo of each of you would be good to attract prospective ladies. I may also need strong manly bodies to help on my proposed crossing of the pond. But, it is true that most women don't much like sailing. It ruins their hair, breaks their finger nails, the fashions are awful, but mainly they never get the chance to steer in critical situations. Especially when coming into a marina berth.What is it about men that they think that they are the only ones able to work an engine throttle, while their little slim SHMBO has to fend off potential collisions, and then make a huge leap on to a wobbly finger pier, and finally pull in several tons of out-of-control yacht?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Heckler

Visit site
mates of mine back in the mid seventies built a 40 ft ferro, were going to go down to gib and morrocco and then the caribbean, advertised in cosmo, photo shoot for mens mag on a trip to the caribbean on yacht. they were inundated. some of the girlies were very explicit about what they were prepared to do!
stu

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.beneteau-owners-association.org.uk