Where do get a piston and rings for a Perkins 103-06

GraemeP

Visit site
Hi my generator uses a Perkins M20 engine - this is a 103-06 model. One of the valves has broken off. I can get the valves but struggling to find a piston & rings for it. Parts4Engines are out of stock, and ideas? UK or Spain?

GraemeP

Visit site
Thanks I have emailed them - unfortunately Parts4engines said they were waiting for them from Perkins so I'm not holding out a lot of hope

david_bagshaw

Visit site
have you tried a different approach... speak to http://www.scholarengines.co.uk/, who will be able to point you to mfrs of appropriate pistons and rings.

The reason for suggestion is 20 years ago I was working as a truckie for a formula ford racing co locally and scholar did the engine rebuilds. I was particularly impressed with their general engineering ethos.

Jim@sea

Visit site
Find out which Massey Ferguson Tractor this engine went in and start ringing round the Tractor Dealers, the chances are that some will have pistons and stuff on the shelf.

GraemeP

Visit site
Thanks everyone Diperk are also saying its NLA. Now off to try Scholar & have asked Perkins where the engines were used.