When is this weird gusty Solent weather going to ease!

lustyd

Visit site
Think we pulled up near to you on Sunday morning and dropped anchor? Twas a bit bumpy but very warm!!
You may well have done, I was really rather hung over after trying the Wight Nuckle lager (5.7%!) at the pilot boat and then spending the rest of the day drinking rose on deck in the sun 😂 What's your boat? We were the Sun Odyssey with Beige canvas bits

PhillM

Visit site
I’m in Hamble tonight and thinking Yarmouth tomorrow. Then need to work my way back by Saturday. Little swift finds it hard dealing with 20kn on the nose and short tacking in Solent chop.

The Q

Visit site
Try up here on the broads, narrow rivers gusty winds and tis darn chilly. I'll be taking my full winter thermal waterproofs for the 3 Rivers Race this weekend.
And I'm in a guardship.. ( race control vessel, reporting on boats passing, with a rescue dory if needed)

mickywillis

Visit site
You may well have done, I was really rather hung over after trying the Wight Nuckle lager (5.7%!) at the pilot boat and then spending the rest of the day drinking rose on deck in the sun 😂 What's your boat? We were the Sun Odyssey with Beige canvas bits
We were in Basil, Westerly Griffon, blue canvas with name on the dodgers. Probably about 60 Mtrs away from you, to the East. There was a smallish (24/25ft?) yacht behind you, dark coloured hull with a mizzen mast and possibly tan coloured sails? It was very quiet early on, but got busier after you left.

mickywillis

Visit site

Attachments

• 20230528_111422.jpg
    20230528_111422.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20

lustyd

Visit site
Looks like that was taken after we left, we were about 300m west of that yacht overnight