When’s the latest your season has started?

Mataji

Visit site
Last year was my first full year on the Thames. My boat is moored at Lechlade and I was unable to move it until the beginning of May, and even then it was yellow boards and a bit dicey. Can any of the more experienced boaters tell me what are the earliest and latest times in the past that the river has become useable

Chris_d

Visit site
I used to take the boat out every couple of weeks during the winter to keep it running nice, but the last 10 years or so the weather has changed and its impossible until the end of March usually, I don't think you can predict it on past experience any more.

Last edited:

harvey38

Visit site
That was one of the reasons we left the Thames, far too often in was in spate and unable to use the river be it based at Runnymede, Bray or Abingdon.

Last edited:

Northern Star

Visit site
We used to have Xmas at Hampton Court palace pretty much every year for the past 8 years but last year and three years ago it was a no go.

Last year the river was even on Red boards when we went out in May so we are leaving next month and re-locating the boat up North as I no longer work in London and we just seem to be paying the EA and the marina a lot of money for very little use.

Mark26

Visit site
Same here. We used to enjoy trips out in the winter but these last two years have been too wet. It was May last year before we got out, I’ve got my fingers crossed for April this year, but we shall see.