What's the Best Part of the World Cup?

savageseadog

Visit site
What\'s the Best Part of the World Cup?

What's the Best Part of the World Cup? for those at home watching on TV

Yes you Scots, I know it's when England are knocked out.
Yes ladies, I know when it's all over.
and so on

For me the best part is the Group games when all the footballers and countries you don't normally see play the bigger teams. You never know, Scotland may take part one day.

tcm

Visit site
haway the lads, perhaps

Now now, scotland DO take part, and quite often too. The german manager bloke didn't work out recently tho.

But they did ok against brazil here and there, bit rough to draw them in a blimmin group stage i seem to recall.

Note also that scotland have never staged the world cup, and only a few teams have won it away from home. Well, not france or england anyway.

So that's probly the answer - scotland should put in a bid for the world cup. They'll be brilliant too - loads of experience playing on slithery pitches in lashing rain. Brazil and argentina won't stand a chance.

Epirb23

Visit site
Re: What\'s the Best Part of the World Cup?

Going for a relaxing stroll down the King's Road and not hearing a bunch of itinerant workers blasting their horns /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bbg

Visit site
Re: What\'s the Best Part of the World Cup?

For me it is the group stages and watching how the groups develop - working out how one team that seems to have no chance after two games could advance IF x and IF y and IF z happens - or how a team that looks sure to go through can have its hopes dashed. This creates a lot of drama and tension - particularly if your team is involved.

As I write there are several groups that, after two games, there are still two or three or even four teams that can still qualify.