What wind farm off of Worthing

Bikesailer

Visit site
Whilst on passage from Beachy Head to the Solent last week, I contacted Solent Coastguard by radio with an enquiry about the wind farm under construction off of Worthing. Only to be told by the operator that she had checked her chart and there was no wind farm under construction near Worthing. I thought the new coastguard centre in the Solent was improving. Worrying.

Seajet

Visit site
All the shoreside ruination was happening when I drove by Lancing the other day, and there was a small ship - possibly a cable layer - close inshore.

Solent Coastguard can't have put their quid in the meter lately !

Bikesailer

Visit site
I have found out what I needed to know. My post was more to highlight the fact that someone on duty that night at Solent Coastguard was unable to locate a wind under construction on their charts. That I find very worrying!

chanelyacht

Visit site
I have found out what I needed to know. My post was more to highlight the fact that someone on duty that night at Solent Coastguard was unable to locate a wind under construction on their charts. That I find very worrying!

I believe the NMOC now run on ECDIS rather than paper charts, and it may be that UKHO have not issued an update?

Of course, in the "old" days, they would have known from local knowledge and checking the WZs, but local knowledge is not needed any more in the brave new world. Apparently.

Other threads that may be of interest