What turn you on,

powerskipper

www.facebook.com
gives you that buzz, and makes you glad you have your boat.

different peeps like different thing about boating, it would be boring if we all wanted the same things out of it. Can you just imagine if it was peeps liking all the same things, every where would be mobbed , because if you like it so would they.

So I like different kinds of boating, some days I like to potter alone at a Meir 6 or 10 knots just enjoying the sunshine, other days if there is no one to bother I like to tear around like a lunatic doing turns and speed just for the sake of it.

I get a great sense of satisfaction from a good berthing or tricky manoeuvre , even if my legs are shaking when it is all over.

resting at anchor, having lunch in a peaceful quite place with the sun shining down is wonderful the only thing that spoils it is having to go back.

So what rocks your world, that is boating world,? what makes you glad you are there.?

whisper

Visit site
Succeeding with a tricky manouvre, especially if conditions mean that you will only be able to have one go at it.
But even better is the glow I get from cracking along on a flatish sea on a calm Summer evening and arriving at the destination just after sunset.

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
First day at the helm since last November, nasty wind to back into, off the slip, 50m down between the moorings, round the outside and then back again into the berth. Single shaft and no thruster, felt a bit smug that it went slickly. Now next time it will all go pear shaped.

Effect ruined when I saw the chalky bit on the transom that had been missed:-(

saskia

Visit site
successful ferry-man's drift into a narrow space - real high! particularly looking at the worried faces of the skippers either side.

Captain Coochie

Visit site
I went past just before you where slipped Andrew and i wasn't looking forward to putting Cuchilo on her mooring but i was also very smug when it went well . /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

old_salt

Visit site
I think the one for me is when in the 70s you planed a passage Plymouth to St Perter Port and come up on the SW corner of Guernsey off the port bow by old fashioned nav work.
Nowt in sight for some 90 mls and it has to be done under rags.

Now in a modern fast mobo with sat nav GPS and Auotohelm and a G & T in your hand a piece of piss.

Stoaty

Visit site
A good one for me is working out the wind and tide and dropping your anchor accurately in 300ft of water, so your fishing lines go right down on to the wreck below.

dpb

Visit site
Heading back to Poole Harbour entrance at speed after a BBQ in Studland Bay, just getting dark, no wind but a ground swell running behind you, and the look on your boat load of pepoles faces which would tell anyone that you all had a very, very good day.

M

MarkG

I just love it when I'm showing a novice something and the look of realisation as they pick it up is really something.