What to call Matts Leopard

G

So we're all suitably green with envy and impressed and envious and those that aren't are lying ba****ds. Yes I know you're alll sitting there saying "yes Doris it looks nice but is he happy" or " I wouldn't want to pay the fuel\berthing bills" etc etc. Well first off he's blissfully happy and Matt's got this brilliant system when it comes to paying bills. He doesn't look at what it costs, leaves all that to SWMBO so he doesn't scare himslef sh**less.

Now in deference to SWMBO, he's intending to call the Leopard "Diana" and they're even giving him a statue of the godess Diana for one of the cocktail tables.(everyone go Aaaaah).

Now whilst she's a lovely lady, I reckon we could come up with a better name for the boat. Course it won't be Matt's decision, SWMBO will decide, so what's the reccomendations.

G

ooh listening with interest. What will we do with the statue tho? praps "half-naked tart with arrow"?

Other similar boats are hopeless on the name front, so all need help. A 108 is called NOBODY (must be fun on the vhf) and other 23m are called RomaChris and Silaos. Meanwhile, the loony who specc'd the nasty nasty interior horrid dark wood high-gloss burr-walnut (you had to see it, modelled on small portion of praps Rover tiny door capping but expanded over dozens of square metres) could call it Stereogram or Tasteless or Not Worth a Light or Sickbag or My Ex Rang The factory Out Of Spite....

paulineb

Visit site
You have to be careful about the name you give your boat, and not just because you have to say it over the radio. We thought long and hard about whether to put our boat name on the dinghy because it looked like a stutter: T-T Tommy, so we didn't. It has GT written on the front, so we just inserted an 'i' ;-)

Pauline B

G

If it's a long name that's an't to fit the size of boat, what about that place name in Anglesly that's 56 letters long? And that would be fun said three times on the radio. Matt'd never have anybody else calling him up, though.