What size pliers for 3YM30 throttle/regulator cable c-clip?

farmer.leo

Visit site
There are evidently different size pliers for c-clips. Does anyone know the size pliers made to detach/attach the c-clip to the Yanmar 3YM30 regulator/throttle cable?

Attachments

• throttle-c-clip-closeup.JPG
    throttle-c-clip-closeup.JPG
    447.9 KB · Views: 18

garymalmgren

Visit site
Try and get hold of a set of these.
I have dedicated cir-clip pliers as well as these and these are great. You get straight opening and closing as well as 90 degree bend opening and closing.
Japanese quality too.
gary
TradeTools
1717195654127.jpeg

William_H

Visit site
The important part is to be able to get the tip of the circlip pliers into the holes in the circlip. Looks fairly small to me.
Meanwhile I love circlip pliers for use when splicing 3 strand rope. Shove the points in while together. Then squeeze handles to open up a gap for threading in the rope strand. ol'will

Refueler

Visit site
There are evidently different size pliers for c-clips. Does anyone know the size pliers made to detach/attach the c-clip to the Yanmar 3YM30 regulator/throttle cable?

Unlike a spanner that needs to fit a nut exactly - Cireclip Pliers just rely on the pins being able to fit into the C clips holes. It makes no odds if pins are smaller diameter ...

But one factor that no-one else has mentioned ... if you have pliers that have the pins too far apart - then the pin is at bad angle in the C clip and it can 'spring' off the pliers pins ... done it - got the T shirt and the job of replacing the lost clip !!