What price should I charge for my Four Winns motor boat?

frankym3

Visit site
Hello all, im new to the forum and to the world of boating in general and would appreciate some expert advice!

I have had a 1997 Four Winns 195 Sundowner, with V8 5.7 gi Stainless steel duo prop volvo penta engine with very low hours, (Approx. 280bhp plus) cuddy cabin, ship to shore radio, depth finder, full size cover and full canopy, gel coat, great build quality, immaculate interior and all the other usual high spec. Four Winns extras.

The boat is in great condition, very quick and surprisingly economical. Just had its summer service as well as a major service 9 months ago. Totally reliable, fresh water use only and handles beautifully.

This is the first boat I have ever owned and Ive loved every minute of it, the only problem is that the boat is a bit small for my requirements, so am thinking of up grading to newer and larger boat at the end of the summer.

What is this boat worth, have looked all over the internet and cant find a comparable boat for sale in the UK, very hard to judge a reasonable asking price when I dont have sufficient knowledge, will be trading boat in most likely so dont want to get ripped off by a dealer!!!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and looking forward to the replies!!

SimbaDog

Visit site
I had a 238 four winns once with that engine fitted & still suffer nervous attacks when I remember the fuel consumption /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

absit_omen

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I had a 238 four winns once with that engine fitted & still suffer nervous attacks when I remember the fuel consumption /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, but this one is 'surprisingly economical'. There must have been something wrong with yours.

SimbaDog

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, but this one is 'surprisingly economical'. There must have been something wrong with yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to remember that is was quite economical if I didn't run the engine /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

landlockedpirate

Visit site
I'm not sure if this is a serious question, or just an advert ?

I will answer it anyway. I think your boat should have a screen price of 10k and expect to get around 9k for it. This price is based on what I have seen both 195's and the newer 205's sell for over the past 12 months.

There has also been a couple of 195's on Ebay, they went for between 6 and 7k (I dont remember if they reached reserve)

whisper

Visit site
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
As you can see, your 1st responses were made in the belief that you were simply advertising your boat for sale - a no-no hereabouts.
You should probably scrap this thread and repost something that is less of a sales pitch on the Motor Boat section rather than the PBO one.

frankym3

Visit site
Boat is NOT for saled at mo, in any way shape or form!!!!! Sorry to give the wrong impression and to the guy who said he couldnt run one unless the engine was switched off then im sorry to say.. you sound like my dad! Im serious the first time I took the boat away for weekend I was nervous too, but if you are aware that youve got a 5.7 v8 behind you (and hence realise its not going to be like running a 1.0 diesel!!!) then to me anyway I was pleasantly surprised by the consumption (in a good way!) considering the performance the boat offers!!

Like I said im new to boats, so go easy on me on my first post!!!

P.S. Thanks to all who gave me a decent response, it is very much appreciated!