What is the current situation in Portugal?

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Not sure of the relevance of this link, particularly as the discussion concerns travel FROM the UK. Unless you have special insight into every posters' personal circumstances even a source as august as The Sun is of little value.

I never managed to get past page three of the Sun :)

The fines are of course relevant to Brits without residence in Portugal now who, at the end of the month, will have the choice of UK hotel quarantine or likely penalties for overstaying in Schengen. Avoiding a hotel bill won't be seen as reasonable excuse for overstays and there are flights via other countries.

nortada

Visit site
I never managed to get past page three of the Sun :)

The fines are of course relevant to Brits without residence in Portugal now who, at the end of the month, will have the choice of UK hotel quarantine or likely penalties for overstaying in Schengen. Avoiding a hotel bill won't be seen as reasonable excuse for overstays and there are flights via other countries.

Yes an interesting situation. I am hearing that if the bar on all international travel to and from Portugal is still in force at the end of March, Portugal will accept that Brits cannot leave.