What is Italian/Greek gas bottle thread spec?

dgadee

Visit site
I am having problems in finding an adapter for my Safefill gas bottle. It is a UK POL fitting but I need an adapter which can be filled in Greece and Italy. Some of the bottle filling stations have an adapter and can fill the bottle, but others don't. They say they will if I can can provide an adapter. I can't find the spec of what I want, but it is smaller than the German one (I think that is a KLF fitting). The Greek/Italian one is LH thread and seems to be just over 20mm. Is it a "21.8 LH" fitting?

This is a pic of what the bottle looks like and what I am trying to find:

1687531118161.png

If I can't find one - there is very little info put up on websites about sizes! - but if I know the spec than I can get an adapter made up.

harvey38

Visit site
Not sure I understand your question. Safefill use a standard autogas fitting and what you're showing in the photograph isn't a Safefill bottle, what do you need an adaptor for🤷‍♀️

dgadee

Visit site
To fill a Safefill bottle at a gas bottling station. When I go to a petrol station they chase me away.

dgadee

Visit site
Ah, the first site says that 21.8 LH fits German bottles. The Greek/Italian is smaller.

However, I've ordered one to see whether it's what I want. It might be possible to get an adapter to go from German to Greek.

I must have emailed four UK providers asking for info on sizes and none replied.

dgadee

Visit site
Looks perfect. Will see if they will send to UK. Thanks for that!

Edit: Oops, I have no French but notice they are out of stock. Still, it means that they are available somewhere ...