What is Bridgemarsh like?

Sailingsaves

Visit site
I mean moored to a pontoon in Winter gales in a 22 foot boat with air blown heater as a liveaboard?

Is it better to be on north or south side of a pontoon? Giving that I'd probably like to sail around now and again and in a boat that has outboard on transom aft of rudder and single handed; difficult to manoeuvre.

Is there a way to contact harbour master? Telephone not answered. Carpark says Berth Holders only and after a near miss with parking 'fine' at Tollesbury marina I chickened out and did not drive in lest I get notice of another fine.

CLB

Visit site
Inside pontoons dry. 22 foot yacht as a live aboard sounds a bit small. Other than that, won't be any better or worse than anywhere else, as long as you don't want amenities on your doorstep.

Plum

Visit site
I mean moored to a pontoon in Winter gales in a 22 foot boat with air blown heater as a liveaboard?

Is it better to be on north or south side of a pontoon? Giving that I'd probably like to sail around now and again and in a boat that has outboard on transom aft of rudder and single handed; difficult to manoeuvre.

Is there a way to contact harbour master? Telephone not answered. Carpark says Berth Holders only and after a near miss with parking 'fine' at Tollesbury marina I chickened out and did not drive in lest I get notice of another fine.
The office is not manned all the time so call them on 07422517024.
The depth varies all along the main pontoon so its not just a case of north or south side. Tell them what minimum depth you require and they will try to help. If you can live with drying out at LW then the cost will be lower. It's easy to manoeuvre there as all the pontoons are parallel with the current. They are not strict about enforcing car parking policy, don't worry.

www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk

Sailingsaves

Visit site
The office is not manned all the time so call them on 07422517024.
The depth varies all along the main pontoon so its not just a case of north or south side. Tell them what minimum depth you require and they will try to help. If you can live with drying out at LW then the cost will be lower. It's easy to manoeuvre there as all the pontoons are parallel with the current. They are not strict about enforcing car parking policy, don't worry.

Thank you. Very useful.
Will pay a visit.

Ali-alshira

Visit site
It used to be a good place to be. Friendly, helpful staff, clean, but a bit basic, facilities. Then Biff retired and it was bought by a certain local pub owner. A lot of the regulars ( including us) left. I don't know how it is doing now.
Yes, you will only stay afloat at certain positions on the outer pontoons. Access is limited to HW+/-3 or 4 depending on draft.

Plum

Visit site
It used to be a good place to be. Friendly, helpful staff, clean, but a bit basic, facilities. Then Biff retired and it was bought by a certain local pub owner. A lot of the regulars ( including us) left. I don't know how it is doing now.
Yes, you will only stay afloat at certain positions on the outer pontoons. Access is limited to HW+/-3 or 4 depending on draft.
Hi, that local pub owner you refer to has now transferred ownership to a new person who has taken on a new friendly and experienced manager and committed significant investment including new piling and pontoons while still retaining the 'basic' no frills affordable marina.

FullCircle

Visit site
Agree with that also, we were berth holders too

Other threads that may be of interest