What Happen? We want the gory details

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Re: Cruise in company

I see where you're coming from.
An entirely different starting point from mine.

Some of you may recall that I tried to organise something similar last year. Lots of palaver, lots of interest - till about 2 weeks before the event. They started to drop like flies. In the end - out of the 15 who had expressed an interest - FOUR (4) turned up. The three usual suspects & Full Circle.
Sort of disappointed - lots of effort, trying to arrange stuff with God, etc... for very little result.

Another forumite & I have been doing this thing longer than I care to remember. IRC Sailorman missed it twice over the past 22 years. I've been ever since I had a boat.

You might view this as "a bunch of East Coast boats aimed to be going in roughly the same direction at the same time and hopefully meeting up for a beer/food in Oostende". Given my background (I think) I view this differently. To me 2 things are set in stone - my wedding anniversary and end of May Bank Holiday. It's a Normandy Landing. If you say you're in, you're. And expected to turn up on time. Everything else is just so much hot air.

This is obviously not the majority point of view, and I'm (after 2 years) fully resigned to that.

So, I may - or may not - see some of you over there next year.

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Re: Cruise in company

Will,

Thats unrealistic...... not everyone has your years of experience, and that will (and should) influence peoples decision making

We did manage to get 9 boats along this year, just not all at the same time!....

Weather permitting, there's no reason why we couldn't get a good turn out next year....... If (and its a big if) the weather is good, there is no reason why we couldn't get 15 boats along...... but commitments that people have won't allow them to all arrive at the same time....

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Great expectations

Neil,

If it's unrealistic to expect a bunch of people (all volunteers) to turn up at a given place and given time; its equally unrealistic to expect to organise a cruise in company from there. If not everyone shows up at the starting line...

Anyway, I've had my little rant

Hold on, hold on - phonecall

Back now - it was "Grumpy Old Men" wanting to know if I was available for a feature length edition.

sailorman

Visit site
Re: Great expectations

Will U underestimate yourself /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
a "One Man Show" would be more like /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

FullCircle

Visit site

Witter, bitch, gripe, moan, whinge, pass the port.
Youth of today, bloody lefties, coppers in shorts, witter, witter.
Boot camp, different in my day, gripe, gripe, get a decent hair cut.
No respect these days, country's gone to the dogs, whinge whinge.
Mines a Duvel, thanks Lad.

I hope you will be in better humour on Saturday morning Mr Guapa!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oen

Visit site
Re: What do you mean?

Just to clarify...

There was no moaning or whingeing in my post!

We had a great time, enjoyed meeting those we did meet, and were glad of the 'excuse' to do the trip...

Very grateful, too, to those who 'organised' it - many thanks!

I was only sorry we didn't meet more folk - but perhaps we'll go down to the Medway...