What colour antifoul

stewart

Visit site
Any thoughts on antifoul colours? Boat is a Sunseeker Camargue with ride stripe on the hull. To date the antifoul has been light grey but was thinking maybe black. Don't suppose it make that much difference as it's pretty much underwater.

DepSol

Visit site
Re: Against chickens

First figure out the best anti foul for your area/marina then pick from the range of colours. Some anitifouls work better in different areas of the world than others.

Dom

tripleace

Visit site
It really depends on the water ways you are using

Solent are is best in a light blue.

Ramsgate / Dover a dark blue

Lower thames a light Green

lower non tidal thames light brown

and

Upper thames near us and byron is best painted with BBQ sauce (bring your own meat)

tcm

Visit site
i used black as the underwater parts of the hul "disappear" from view. Makes cleaner and sharper looking boat. Light colours start looking brownish or greenish imho.

also black is stronger, so may not need a full do the next year, just a spray off.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
And here we have Meekatharra. Modeling her bottom in Turquaise blue, beautifully matched to her spray hood and canopy. Note the contrasting red fender, giving a light hearted look to this springs fashion.

Haydn

G

You could do it bright orange or some other bright colour, then when boat is upside down at sea you can be seen easier from any passing rescue helicopter!

BarryD

Visit site
MattB - what a great idea!

Also could write "Help!" in big letters in a different colour just in case they didn't get the idea <G>

Havoc, fire, confusion, and mis-trust, yes my work here is done...

Barry D

tcm

Visit site
Re: MattB - what a great idea!

hmm, but then later, once rescued, it would still say help! rather than "it's okay, the insurance is paying". So I would favour painting "Oh Shit!" on the bottom. Or perhaps "what's that funny flag" or "that'll teach you to go diving in the solent!" asa message for any scuba peeps you run over.

BarryD

Visit site
Re: MattB - what a great idea!

How about an electronic board - default state could be "Sorry didn't see the blue flag" for those divers who've been run over. A mercury switch would trip the display to "Help" alternating "Oh Sh*t" once the boat goes inverted and having been rescued it could display - "Don't Salvage please".

Money making idea here TCM.... right up alongside the boatname in lights proposal from a couple of months ago

Barry D

BarryD

Visit site
Rollin\' Stones come back all is forgiven...

Thanks (sarcasm) now I can't get the damm tune out of my head.

Barry D

claymore

Visit site
Try using different colours each year as this makes a lovely rainbowy type of wodge on your scraper when you come to scrape it off in 7 years having spent a fortune on the latest antifoul remover. Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain.