What are these? AD31 engine

Glasto1

Visit site
Launch day soon and I can't find these on the engine diagram in the owners manual. I'm guessing they should be open but I'm not entirely sure what they are for, it has to be water cooling? Some sort of valves.

Attachments

• oc.JPG
    oc.JPG
    839.3 KB · Views: 36

Plum

Visit site
Launch day soon and I can't find these on the engine diagram in the owners manual. I'm guessing they should be open but I'm not entirely sure what they are for, it has to be water cooling? Some sort of valves.
As Bowler says. I have the same ones. Normally left open and only needed to isolate the calorifier in case of a problem or maintenance

Glasto1

Visit site
so this is raw water side? Does the raw water heat up the water in the tank like a heat exchanger? Sorry, my first boat

alt

Visit site
Coolant runs around your engine (passing through the heat exchanger, where raw water (sea) cools it.

With a calorifier (immersion, heated by coolant), the coolant is re-directed through your calorifier (there's a coil in there) via the pipes you have a pic of to heat your hot water domestic system.

On a side note... spray some TFR (Traffic Film Remover) in that engine bay, let it soak, agitate with a rag and wipe all that dirt off the floor of the engine bay - there's nothing more satisfying than looking down at a clean engine bay. Heck, even soak the engine block too and go around it with a rag / toothbrush to get rid of all the belt dust. Wash it down with (liberal) water and dry it off with an airline (compressed air) or even just rags and let it dry out. If there's rusty bits, give it a coat of Waxoly

Seastoke

Visit site
Have you serviced yet.

Momac

Visit site
My engines are not quite the same . But no valves provided. Could be better with the valves in case a hose fails
kad32.JPG