What a Fantastic weekend...

marklongstaff

Visit site
Ohhhh what a scorcher!!! Delivered a friends X332 from Brighton to Hamble - Sunday 9am start... Spinnaker up 0910 then great sail in the sun - Spinnaker down 1630 just off hamble entrance.. A perfect days sailing....

Whats everyone else being upto?

Did I mention I was off sailing tomorrow... Falmouth > Scillies > Cork... Wicked!!

Mark L.

<hr width=100% size=1>

zefender

Visit site
"Did I mention I was off sailing tomorrow... Falmouth > Scillies > Cork... Wicked!!

...just in time for the thunderstorms then!

Have fun!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Mirelle

N/A
Visit site
I have a very small complaint!

Another one and a half Beaufort forces in the wind strength (direction was fine!) between 00.00 and 05.00 on Sunday morning would have made everything absolutely perfect.

On the other hand, I really appreciated the timing of the setting of the full moon - precisely as dawn began!

<hr width=100% size=1>

jamesjermain

Visit site
Speed

Took a weekend off from boaty things this time.

Instead went with wife, daughter and 'son-in-law' to Chichester Festival of Speed. Lots of wonderful old mocars and mobikes all making huge amounts of crackly noise and everybody loved it. Bit different from the Solent - or then again, perhaps not!

<hr width=100% size=1>JJ

themount2

Visit site
Yes, absolutely bootiful.
Tacked back from Cowes to Gosport in the afternoon (like everyone else), nothing elaborate but it was great.

<hr width=100% size=1>

MartinGPerry

Visit site
Was supposed to be doing a delivery trip to Cork, but due to a friends boat steering gear problems just spent Sunday day sailing from Milford Haven to Skomer Island.
Anchored off and watched hundreds of newly hatched puffins swimming around the boat - even saw a couple of seals.
Magical!

<hr width=100% size=1>

SloopJohnB

Visit site
Nah! Crap time of year. Can't wait for November and for all the fine weather boats to sod off and give me a bit of peace and somewhere to park my boat.

<hr width=100% size=1>

PaulR

Home West Sussex, Boat on Mooring in Gosport
Visit site
perhaps our best this season-saturday-no wind and motored gosport to lymington-stopped for swim off newtown creek (by the way the clay there is very persistent on the deck!)
sunday out of lymington around 0930 and lovely beat back to gosport-out of lymington sailed close to a rather nice 101 (slim design with selftacking jib) and a dinghy towing lightwave 395- after several hours found all 3 of us beating close to the mainland shore and upto Gilkicker point where we carried on to gosport home whilst the 101 went on towards chichester way- thanks guys-thoroughly enjoyed pacing against each other all the way (if either of you are forum readers) we are the Dehler 34 also with selftacking jib.
One of those weekends to store away and remember on those (rather more frequent) weekends when things don't go so well.

<hr width=100% size=1>