Whaddya think?

Grehan

www.french-waterways.com
People who buy sailing yachts are middle-class menopausal men with an inferiority complex driven need to prove something.
People who buy motor boats are fat nouveau-riche philistines; gold medallions and chest wigs are optional but recommended.
People who buy jet-ski PWCs are brain-dead waterborne hooligans, a bit like racing dinghy sailors.
The Solent is jam-packed, with ignorant half-wits who wouldn't know one end of an anchor from the other (if it bit them on the bum . . .).

Every good cliche should contain an element of The Truth, so what do we feel about these?

How many black lesbian born-again one-parent families are out there boating?

PS
Hey, if that's you, please post a picture!

G

Grehan....Thanks!! I haven't had a good chuckle like that in a few days!!!;-)

Somehow your analogies have the ring of "truisms" to some point. We see much of the same thing here in the States,
and quite a few here in Florida!!

Haven't met any black lesbian born again one-parent boating families....yet!

Mirelle

N/A
Visit site
You must sail on the Solent!

Now that you mention it, I do indeed know...

a couple of black, and many mixed, families who go sailing

a lesbian couple, and two gay couples, who sail

at least two families of strongly Evangelical Christian views who sail (rather well, in one case)

rather a lot of one parent households and/or remarried with stepchildren households who sail (a very lovely classic cutter, in the case of one one parent household)

But then, you see, I sail on the East Coast!

KrisHansen

Visit site
Essex clichés don\'t always ring true either...

I'm an East-Coast sailor too - and I'm 23, not married to my partner, and about to purchase a 33 - 35ft boat. My regular crew are almost all under-30, one of whom is gay, and most passengers are from far flung places around Europe, Asia and the Former Soviet Union, if that counts for anything - before you ask, I'm not smuggling in asylum seekers!!

- Kris Hansen

G

Guess you're right. I probably fit into the first category. Which one applies to you?

Grehan

www.french-waterways.com
Re: Sivraj

Indubitably the first, and I do have rather good taste actually.
By the way, is there yet another category - people who are more addicted to surfing yachting websites than sailing itself?
Have they no Work to do? [unemployed lesbian born-again etc etc . . .]

No, sorry Eric.
The point is . . . hang on, there must be one . . .

jollyjacktar

Visit site
Therapy

It gets it out of the sytem, good therapy and provides some conversation at least..... but life does go on beyond into the far yonder.