Westerly / Volvo fuel line

gandy

Aberdeenshire (quite far from the Solent)
Visit site
Hi,

The original plumbing on our 1980 Griffon used some sort of translucent but hard plastic piping for the return line, and the breather. Just on the off-chance does anyone know what that pipe could be, and whether it's currently available? It seems harder than PVC, it does soften with heat but not nearly as much as PVC. Would it be Nylon? In the original install it used compression fittings using brass olives on the outside of the pipe with no reinforcing sleeve inside, so clearly it's not expected to soften much at typical engine compartment temperatures. When heated with boiling water it can be made to push fit onto a 3/16" hose tail.

Thanks, Tony S

gandy

Aberdeenshire (quite far from the Solent)
Visit site
Generally called Tygon, in the same way a vacuum cleaner is called a Hoover, we use it for heater fuel supply.
Thank, will follow that up. Tygon as a brand seems to cover a variety of types, most of those I found on a quick search are described as "extra flexible" so clearly not the stuff I'm looking for. For preference I was hoping for this more solid pipe to make routing easier.

David2452

Visit site