Well-used Hood Seafurl 2 for sale

Danny Jo

Visit site
I replaced my headsail furling gear this year, because the bottom bearing had got a bit rough, and I reckon on keeping Freestyle for at least another 10 years.

The old furling gear still works, but is 19 years old. Two grub screws in the main drum are seized and will probably need drilling out. The bearings at the head of the sail run beautifully, but the one at the tack runs unevenly. The alumininium luff extrusion is twin grooved and about 45 ft in length, and the gear would suit a forestay up to 47 ft. The extrusion was manufactured in 6 ft sections and joined with copper-rivetted lugs, three of which have been cut to break it down into 12 ft lengths. The 10 mm SS forestay is 5 years old, but I have had to cut it at 45 ft to dismantle the assembly. It would suit a practical person working to a tight budget, but I'm not giving it away because I could use the forestay for a childs slide and the extrusions for a fruit cage.

Offers therefore, over £50, buyer to collect from Anglesey. Edit - The above does not include the furling line, which was cut off the drum by the riggers to prevent it being nicked, and being 12mm braid on braid, cost me £40-£50 last year and has had only a season's use.

Mark Walker

JoeHoffman

Visit site
I am desperately seeking a Hood Seafurl drum. I am from Portland, Oregon and looking to have it shipped. I will pay whatever you deem reasonable. Please contact me. Thank You, Joe Hoffman
Joe@arciform.com

JimmoCo

Visit site
extrusions

I
I replaced my headsail furling gear this year, because the bottom bearing had got a bit rough, and I reckon on keeping Freestyle for at least another 10 years.

The old furling gear still works, but is 19 years old. Two grub screws in the main drum are seized and will probably need drilling out. The bearings at the head of the sail run beautifully, but the one at the tack runs unevenly. The alumininium luff extrusion is twin grooved and about 45 ft in length, and the gear would suit a forestay up to 47 ft. The extrusion was manufactured in 6 ft sections and joined with copper-rivetted lugs, three of which have been cut to break it down into 12 ft lengths. The 10 mm SS forestay is 5 years old, but I have had to cut it at 45 ft to dismantle the assembly. It would suit a practical person working to a tight budget, but I'm not giving it away because I could use the forestay for a childs slide and the extrusions for a fruit cage.

Offers therefore, over £50, buyer to collect from Anglesey. Edit - The above does not include the furling line, which was cut off the drum by the riggers to prevent it being nicked, and being 12mm braid on braid, cost me £40-£50 last year and has had only a season's use.

Mark Walker

I knowI am on a loser but do you still have any extrusions@?Jim