Weird happenings at Mercury Marina

oGaryo

Visit site
Gave it no real thought on the last occurrence but have just arrived at the boat to find the starboard aft zipper on the canopy undone and 3 poppers popped so the rear quarter panel is flapping in the wind when I know for sure it was done up when I left the boat weekend before last. the starboard side is water facing the port is against the pontoon. A couple of months ago a similar sort of thing but on the port side, plus someone had turned the batteries on and left a tap running so the water pump had emptied the tank and was pumping constantly.. Nothing taken on both occasions from what I can tell but a bit weird all the same :(

By myself tonight (apart from my mate Remy Martin:) ) so will sleep with the duvet up to my chin I reckon, there be spooks out thar!!! :)

superheat6k

Visit site
No wind or rain the past couple of weeks around here to blow it open. I would mention it to the Marina staff. Perhaps a berth close in to the gangway required. Not heard of any active tea leaves around recently, and the police are around a lot during the daytime, but generally scarce when most needed.

oGaryo

Visit site
No wind or rain the past couple of weeks around here to blow it open. I would mention it to the Marina staff. Perhaps a berth close in to the gangway required. Not heard of any active tea leaves around recently, and the police are around a lot during the daytime, but generally scarce when most needed.

I'll pop my head in the office in the morning Trev :cool:

oGaryo

Visit site
I'll give you a call in the morning, to see if you are ok. I'm on the road at 5 am taking my daughter to the airport. :)

MY mate Remy might have something to say about that ;) lols I see you also have 'Taxi' stamped on your forehead, happens when sons and daughters reach a certain age ;)

David of Essex

Visit site
Hi Gary
Visited Mercury Marina last friday and noticed your boat (Busy Bee) on the pontoon at the time the starboard rear canopy was undone.
David

Firefly625

Visit site
Hi Gary

Sounds odd. Certain the local police have a good relationship with the marina office, night shift you will often see a couple of police having a cuppa in the office. My parents have a berth about as far out of sight from the office you could get, never had any issues. But worth taking all precautions possible. Seabid in clear sight of the office so I never give security a thought. But must admit to having found canopy unzipped before, and each time have realised that it was either me or another member of the crew doing a poor job of locking up.

jimmcgee

Visit site
Hi Gary

am on the nightshift tonight till 7am , do you want me to phone your mobile every hour for a check call , make sure you are all right :p

oGaryo

Visit site
Hi Gary

Sounds odd. Certain the local police have a good relationship with the marina office, night shift you will often see a couple of police having a cuppa in the office. My parents have a berth about as far out of sight from the office you could get, never had any issues. But worth taking all precautions possible. Seabid in clear sight of the office so I never give security a thought. But must admit to having found canopy unzipped before, and each time have realised that it was either me or another member of the crew doing a poor job of locking up.

it's a possibility of course but what makes me sure in this case is (as I do since having them replaced) I give the canopies a good drenching with the hose pipe before leaving to remove any salt spray, I would have noticed the canopy was open whilst doing so