Weekend Weather Forecast 28/4/11

simonjk

www.SailingWeather.co.uk
NEED TO GET WEATHER WHY'S?
This DVD contains 30 short videos lasting a total of 2-hours, explaining how the weather works and how you can improve your own forecasting skills.
See http://www.weatherweb.net/weatherwhys.htm for free sample videos and to order

Hello again,

Well if like me your invitation to the Royal Wedding must have got lost in the post, you’ll no doubt be taking advantage of the extra holiday to get some sailing in?

I’ve had many requests for more Weather School dates and hope to have these firmed up in the next couple of weeks so I will let you know.

Onto the weekend forecast, and if you know anyone who’d like to receive this email each week just tell them to send a request to join to
sailingweather-subscribe@weatherweb.net Also, feel free to forward this email to onto any sailing friends or groups.

Have a good weekend,
Simon

WEEKEND WEATHER FORECAST
Issued: 1300 Thursday 28th April 2011

SATURDAY
High pressure is to the north of the country today with low pressure to the south. The flow is going to be from the east and will be fairly strong across more southern areas.
The weak cold front marks the boundary between cloudier air to the south and clearer skies to the north. There will be cloud and some spots of rain over the high ground of southern England and Wales, these turning heavy at times in the afternoon.
For most other areas the day is going to be fine with lots of sunshine and it will be remaining dry throughout the day.
Winds mainly E-NE 15-20kt (F4-F5) perhaps to 25kt (F6) at times on eastern coasts.

pres3.gif

SUNDAY
Little change through Sunday with the easterly flow persisting. The troughs to the south highlighting an area of more unstable air, this producing some showers.
There will be a fair amount of cloud through Wales and Ireland as well as southwest England. Here there will be outbreaks of showery rain, some of them heavy at times.
Elsewhere the day is going to be dry with sunny spells, the best of these to the north and east.
Winds mainly E 14-18kt (F4-F5) in the south and east, nearer E-ESE 12kt (F3-F4) over northern Scotland.

pres4.gif

**ends**