Websites

MRC

Visit site
IM fairly new to looking at this forum but looking through some of the recent posts some of you have posted some pictures on WebPages / URL's,

I have a new small sunseeker coming in the new year (again looking at the posts, you seem to bitch and moan about ss's a fair bit, all valid points but IM young and impressionable) I cant really afford the boat so will try and do a few day charters through work, friends of work colleagues, dad's work etc etc to help pay for some of the running costs and depreciation, the point is I set up a site (www.essential-charters.com incase anyone is actually interested) using zdnet, I have no Web knowledge to speak of and am fairly computer illiterate and it still only took about an hour to complete.
Worth a look if anyone has a few pics of their boats they want to publish, used to be free but its now about ££50 joining fee i think, just post a URL and you dont even have to pay for a domain name.

jfm

Visit site
Re: 48knots?

Nice site, well done re homemade webpage building etc. Your post is ahem slightly commercial, might get canned. Anyway, do those superhawks really do 48kts on twin 300s in a 37foot/6 tonne boat? Cor blimey!

Geoffs

Visit site
A nice interesting site to look through. Should get you some clients. The only thing that annoys me with a lot of sites, including yours, is the use of dark text on dark backgrounds. Dark red on black, impossible to read.

Good luck with the new boat, I'm based in Poole, will look out for you!

MRC

Visit site
Sorry

Wasnt supposed to be a plug for the site more to say how easy it is to publish a personal site for some boat pics - sorry....

i) thanks for the colour point - will change that soon, my wife pointed that out too

ii) typo 48knots , spec sheet reckons 46knots still seems a tad optimistic.

cheers

G

Re: 48knots?

48 knots is downwards due to gravity after leap out of building in opening credits.

Incidentally, I don't see why this is "commercial". At our company (acme computers of London 81234 5678) we have had similar difficulties in getting the website of our new product "Fabbo", designed especially for boaties, and the web software (www.kimwon't mind.com) wouldn't display the price of only £999.99 properly. Perhaps it is not expensive enough? Any ideas?

Geoffs

Visit site
Don\'t be that sorry!

It IS a very intersting site with some nice pickys of the SuperHawk.

I feel it's a bit of a pity the accomodation isn't better, though it's quality is superb. I've told the story before here, but I said this to a Sunseeker salesman at SIBS, once. He replied.. 'We don't build floating caravans, sir, this is designed to look like its's doing 40knots when moored in the marina'.

G

Re: s/s accommodation

a skipper of a manhattan 80 said he had hardly any storage, apart from 15 cupboards full of glasses...

jfm

Visit site
Re missed cupboard opportunities

Nowhere to store dirty laundry I bet. By heck - hear that - it's hollow behing this panel, pass me that jigsaw!

G

I'm impressed by anybody who can make computers do fancy things like web-sites. Do people really pay £950 for 3.5 hours cruising?

david_bagshaw

Visit site
Others have mentioned the colours , but for what is essentially a business site (pun inteneded),you need a listing in the search engines,

so you need relevent Meta tags, txt file for search engines, and other goodies, for at the moment you dont show on google, which seems to be one off the most popular.

did you realy do all that in an hour or so!!!!???

Good Luck

David
www.yachtman.co.uk

MRC

Visit site
thanks to all

for your comments - will amend the spelling mistakes this morning, very quite at work at the mo. I should have spent more time at school on the 3 r's

Re the search engines, im not even sure what metatags are, ive tried to register to google as its free (for some reason didnt work) but the others such as metacrawler and yahoo have a charge to them, its more of a bit of fun to try and create a site rather than lashing out money on one.

Mike.