Weatherfax Software

Sammy

Visit site
Help please,
Can anybody give me a website or a guide to finding some good software for running weatherfax on a windows based machine off of a NASA radio. I use the Dos software supplied at the moment with an old 3.1 laptop. Having now upgraded to ME I think it would be a good time to change the software to a more updated version.
Thanks in advance,
Chris

Bergman

Visit site
Mscan Meteo Fax will receive weatherfax. Just connect audio out of receiver to mic socket of computer.

A similar programme Mscan Meteo Text will receive Navtex and RTTY.

Search on these names and download free.

colin_jones

Visit site
P C Maritime of Plymouth and London Boat Show have wxfax for windows which will work with the NASA. PCM even supply that set with it. The program will do wx charts, 5 day RTTY plain language forecasts and navtex. The receiver is a bit broad band in tuning, so needs a bit of fiddling to get spot on, but when you get there both radio and program work really well. Most reception difficulties - whatever the program - are caused by lack of a good antenna, or a good site for it.

PCM have a demo disc which you can try, then pay for the unlock code if you like it.

johndf

Visit site
Re: Frequencies and times

I've just received a yacht Boy 400 for Xmas, which receives SSB. Which frequencies are best to receive Wfax in UK (or Jersey, where I am?). Is it broadcast continuously, or just at certain times?