Waterproof Clothing

ex-Gladys

Visit site
...Was going to add this to the Offshore thread, but decided to do it independently. All the comments about cheap gear etc attract my attention as I am in the market for 2 sets. However, non-breathable would be a disaster for me. I have a set of Gill trousers, and I finish up wetter from the condensation than I would if I just took my chances with waves. I can't be the only sweaty type out there.... Is this cheap stuff breathable?

<hr width=100% size=1>Larry Botheras

Anderson 26 "Amber"

Stemar

Visit site
I've got the Compass Professional Offshore set and am very happy with it.

It seems to be waterproof and I, at least, don't get significant condensation. The jacket has an arrangement for a built-it harness, but it's a bit of a pain to get on with the harness in.

A posible downside is that it's a bit heavy

<hr width=100% size=1>

Robin

Visit site
No but...

I found no more condensation than with my all singing and dancing in the Southern Ocean type gear. The French fishemen (Brits too I'm sure) all use the PVC gear and they are working hard in it, maybe the garlic masks the smell! At around £100 for a complete suit if you are buying for SWMBO as well then you could save enough to buy a chart plotter or whatever!

<hr width=100% size=1>

richardandtracy

Visit site
A while back someone posted a link to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.the-outdoor.co.uk/>http://www.the-outdoor.co.uk/</A>. They seem to have pretty good offers on occasions for second hand army gortex stuff.

May be worth a try.

Regards

Richard.

<hr width=100% size=1>

seaesta2

Visit site
I find the very baggy fishermans rubber (high with sholder straps) type trousers are better vetilated than breathables (and much cheaper and totally water/wind proof). This combined with a more expensive gortex top with high collar etc are a good combination for me and cheaper than a complete gortex set. Altough it is not a posers outfit it work well for me - even in the worst of weather.
Martin

<hr width=100% size=1>