Water pump screws

zoidberg

Visit site
Those tiny ones which hold the face plate on my Beta water pump are very easy to drop and lose forever into the bilge. Being stainless, they're not easy to recover.
Not many chandlers carry stock of that size, and not many yotties IMHO carry spares.

Now would be a good time to acquire some and stow them away with the spare impeller(s)....

My little w/p screws are M4 and 7mm on the thread. Here's where I get them - and quite a few other items:

Avon Stainless Fasteners

Bodach na mara

Visit site
This thread reminds me that last spring I was tightening these screws and one stripped. Are they stainless or made of a softer metal or have I actually stripped the thread in the hole?

rogerthebodger

Visit site
If you turn the outer end of the stud down to the core dia of the thread you can locate the windnut onto the end of the thread and turn the wingnut and its less likely to fall off into the bilge

wonkywinch

Visit site
And how do you know that they haven't bought all their stuff in from China?
They may well have done. Not all stuff that is made in China is bad, take Apple products for example. They just need to ensure QC along the supply chain and I would like to think a reputable business like Namrick have a lot to lose if they start selling poor quality product.

On Ebay & Amazon, there is virtually no recourse, except they may offer a refund but they just price that into the cost of doing business.