Water maker

Goldie

Visit site
Thanks Vic, really useful - especially as I don’t really know what is required of the LP pump in terms of output pressure and flow. A really useful post, thanks again.

dgadee

Visit site
Mine was a goodly bit more expensive in the build. The pump was almost £1200 (a WM1615) from the US and my pressure vessels (2 off at 40") were £400 with £465 on membranes (from UK). I run this off a Honda EU20i so had problems in finding a 1hp motor due to start up power draw - £396 for that, once again from the US. I am not sure how you got yours down to £1000! I started getting bits in 2018 and it was running summer 2019. Surprising how much went on postage as I was hoaking about for bits and bobs.

I am just about to take a 2000 watt inverter out to the boat so hopefully will be able to run the system when motoring and the batteries have been topped up with electrons.

Last edited:

Firefly47

Visit site
Will this CAT pump work. 3CP1140 Max rpms 2200 -13.7Litre flow
It is direct drive brass manifold - I will flush after every use
If I get a 1.5HP on this cant see why it would not work? (should have said in my first post that I thought it was a CAT 277 but in fact I was sold a 3CP1140)

Last edited:

fearmhuir

Visit site
Hi Sailaboutvic - maybe I am missing something - I don't see any diagram with this post?? Thanks

Well here it goes guys .
Mine is a very simple system there lots of other ways to build a water maker .
You can add all types of .................

As you can see by my bad drawing .( nearly as good as my writing ) ....................................

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Hi Sailaboutvic - maybe I am missing something - I don't see any diagram with this post?? Thanks
Hi that's was some time a while back I posted that , not sure what happen to the drawing ,away doing some traveling at the moment back once back on board if I remember I will do another drawing or maybe Chris or Geen will do one in the mean time .

fearmhuir

Visit site
Whenever you get a chance? I am going down the same road, and just researching as much as I can. I want to avoid reinventing the wheel all over again - at least as much as I can!