Warning to ALL Yotties on Clyde

claymore

Visit site
I am at the controls of a GrandBankstrawlerietypiemotorboatiethingie from Friday to Sunday.
I shall endeavour to make plenty of wash and sail as fast as possible through trots of moorings and generally make a complete pillock of myself. Just off to buy a few gold chains and rings and things. Now where did I put that shell suit?

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

longjohnsadler

Visit site
Your roots are showing..

'...sail as fast as possible...'
Our boys (eh?) weekend has been changed from Ardnamurchan to Campbelltown.
Hope this is far enough away to stay out of your wash.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Re: Eh? Stereotype mismatch in line 1

The grand banks things aren't for medallion man tho? They are for somewhat saltier types, dressed as capt of Titanic. Or mebbe you are trendsetter now you seem to getting very keen on powerboats these days, esp if they have a nice conservatory where you could grow roses on the patio too.

See? - it's never more than three sentences back to jimi's holding tank.

<hr width=100% size=1>

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Get it right!!

You'll be motoring, not sailing! You'll need the obligatory captains hat with gold braid, a big cigar, and as for a shell suit, I'd have thought the thing you're wearing in your photo would do admirably!

Have a good weekend, gales forecast up your way. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

ccscott49

Visit site
My big bruv is on the Clyde, right now at gourock, I think, on his converted lifeboat, gaff yawl, "Swn-y-Mor" whatever you do don't splash him! He has a nasty habit of ramming folk who piss him off, also his mate is the CG boss up there!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Aja

Visit site
Unless you want to give the owner a heart attack, watch out for all those big Fife yachts that will be hanging about in the Largs area over the weekend.

Believe they are worth a bob or two.

Will also be there.... CCC round Cumbraes race on saturday to Rothesay. Saill number 1279C

Who said its going to be windy?????

<hr width=100% size=1>

claymore

Visit site
Donald
could I be of service - perhaps coming between you and the rest and giving you ride on the sternwave, tboning the opposition - I can speak fluid french so no-one need know of any connection
Will you all be staying in Rothesay sat or heading off?

Claymore

Aja

Visit site
I assume that you think we will be leading the fleet. Hmmm.

If you sit at the south end of Small Cumbrae - we have to go round HUN10 mark (I think) you could slow them all up there and give us a chance. T-boning the oppo is a sound idea. If not delaying tactics will be just fine.

Our start is 09.00 from Kip

The Fife regatta is on this weekend - check out www.fiferegatta.com for more info

We are all going to cram into Rothesay inner harbour on the pontoons.

<hr width=100% size=1>

ParaHandy

Visit site
1) the controls are not connected to a one-armed bandit ... thus, getting all the dials in the red will not win the jackpot or a lemon ....
2) super-gluing your paws to the controls when the HM turns up for his fee will be seen through ..............
3) ditto when the subject of fuel is mentioned ........
4) the long black jobs lying low in the water are more likely to be HM sub rather than anything from Jimi's tanks albeit there are some fifers about ....

ps I can see all those fifers (we're frae ra kingdom .... yawn, yawn .....) demanding MacB cease operations while they're having their beauty sleep in the Rothesay inner harbour ............

<hr width=100% size=1>

Aja

Visit site
"ps I can see all those fifers (we're frae ra kingdom .... yawn, yawn .....) "

...the kingdom of Fairlie?

CalMac do tend to wake you up early of a sunday with their wash right enough.

<hr width=100% size=1>

claymore

Visit site
South End of Cumbrae - Tbone all that moves - message received and understood.
the cram into Rothesay sounds fun - I'll try and get there late then demand to raft up across the end of a few pontoons and transoms.

Claymore

Aja

Visit site
"I'll try and get there late then demand to raft up across the end of a few pontoons and transoms."

Perfectly acceptable in Rothesay on a friday and saturday night. In fact I think its encouraged by the Bute Berthing Company. If you can hang a couple of tenders off your transom you will be especially acknowledged.

Of course sitting on the top deck of your trawlerfishermotorboater swigging G&T's and talking in loud english voices will receive the involvement of most of the boaters there.

Welcome.

<hr width=100% size=1>

ParaHandy

Visit site
aaahhh... that Fife, wullie --- did wander how that lot were going to lug their boats over ...

<hr width=100% size=1>

ParaHandy

Visit site
i wonder if more suitable, scenically and ethnically compatible, headgear than that displayed would be in order? could you not drop into your local millinery shoppe and purchase a "see you jimmy" bonnet and, thus attired, you could hail your fellow sailors?

!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Other threads that may be of interest