Walton Channel buoys moved

Cantata

Visit site
We heard last night that there have been some changes to the buoyage near Stone Point, so have posted the details on the ECP web site in case some folk are out and about, especially at night when things will look different!

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Thanks Dick,

ECP on the ball as ever!

I've noticed Stone Pt moving over the last few seasons... after winter 2008/9 it hadn't shifted much, but was significantly steeper, and after winter 2009/10 had shelved slightly, but extended quite a bit.... so fits with what i've seen... The flooding area behind it seems to have extended as well, so hope that it isn't the start of a shift to a new entrance further south and west!

Thanks!

johnalison

Visit site
so hope that it isn't the start of a shift to a new entrance further south and west!QUOTE]

That would be interesting. I quite fancy a shorter passage round the Naze and maybe the entrance to Hamford Water would close off leaving a nice big sheltered anchorage.

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Only downside would be that the flats to the entrance would be unpassable to many vessels at anything other than HW, so the Backwaters would become a lot less appealing... that and no doubt during the transition, there would be a long period where either entrance would be unpassable.... I suspect W&FYC, the explosives factory and Titchmarsh Marina may choose to intervene before it got that far!

CliveG

Visit site
I thought that they had moved when I was out there the other week.
Down at Titchmarsh now.
I will go and have a look at the new layout in the next few days.

Other threads that may be of interest