Waeco fridge repairs

jimmyk

Visit site
Had a waeco cf 35 for over ten years. Worked faultlessly til now. Still works but only on a high temperature. When I try to adjust the temp it just turns off. I wait a while and it will turn back on. Suspect it needs repairing. Any ideas where I could get it repaired please

johnwest

Visit site
Had issues with a Waeco fridge on our last boat. Spoke to the Waeco stand at the Southampton Boat Show who were not interested, other than suggesting buying a new one. We did from another company with a very good discount.

j

Big John

Visit site
Had a waeco cf 35 for over ten years. Worked faultlessly til now. Still works but only on a high temperature. When I try to adjust the temp it just turns off. I wait a while and it will turn back on. Suspect it needs repairing. Any ideas where I could get it repaired please

When you say high temperature do you mean high setting for the coldest compartment?

It sounds as if the thermostat is not working/needs re gassing.

If it is duel power and runs on 12v take it to your local refrigerator repair man along with a 240/12 transformer. Cheaper than a new fridg unless SWIMBO dictates.

jimmyk

Visit site
No it's two below the coldest. To change temp you press the blue button and the temp goes up then then starts gain at the bottom. It's when I press the blue button it just turns off. If I leave it for a bit it then switches on. It works fine but a bit too cold. But not the coldest temp

Big John

Visit site
Sorry I should have looked up your model on the web. I see it is a semi portable unit with touch screen controls. Have you looked on Google with your symptoms and model number. Google is always a good source to check out problems. Good luck.

jimmyk

Visit site
I've been looking as you suggest but can't find that particular problem. Looks like a trip to a repair man. Or woman

Caer Urfa

groups.yahoo.com

Hi Jim

Not sure where you are located?

I also found Waeco after sales very poor when I needed help to repair my CR40 fridge, their answer was to send it back to Germany or buy another one which was rather snappy when the fridge was
4 months old at a cost of almost £600!

I found a local refrigeration repair/service company on Tyneside who repaired the cooling element I had accidently broken and re gassed it for £80. so maybe look to find a local company in your area as

the company I used said the Danfoss compressor units used is very common.

Mike

charles_reed

Visit site

Almost certainly need re-gassing - problem is finding a refrigeration engineer who'll bother with small domestic work. If it's very old (more than 20 years, it probably needs refilling with Fluon 12, which is now banned in use - the non fluoro refrigerant is very much less efficient and the suggestion to replace it might not be as perverse as it sounds.
Take the unit out, use the local trade directory to find a refrigeration engineer to do te job and take it along to him.

Both Waeco and Isotherm use the same top quality Danfoss compressor which goes on for ever...
I've got a Fluon12 fridge at home, still running perfectly, which proudly proclaims it was made in Western Germany!!!

jimmyk

Visit site
It might need degassing. It's ten years old. It feels more like an electrical fault to me. But I am no expert

elsiewagner

Visit site
Most refrigerator temperature settings are controlled with a dial or slider. Which one is yours? You can try vacuuming the compressor and condenser coils. If this doesn't work call a tech support to fix your refrigerator temperature problem.

William_H

Visit site
Sounds a fair bit like a computer or electrical problem. Unfortunately I doubt any fridge mechanics have any clews on computers unless they have a lot of experience of this model. If it gets (too) cold it is certainly not in need of regassing. It may have a dud thermostat. There are some stories/ descriptions on U tube about repairing some models of CF25.
However if it will work and get too cold but will start up ok on connection of power. A thermostat with switch might be used added to the box to simply turn it off or on by connecting power when cold enough etc. Just a thought. olewill