Vovo engine controls.. replace with (Morse MT3)

harstonwood

Live Staffordshire Moorlands/Boat Pwllheli
Visit site
The engine controls on my Targa 33 are very stiff and not particularly ergonomic
I have heard that the Teleflex Morse MT3 controls are a good solution and easier to use. I am interested if anyone has done this, and how difficult it is?

Also need to make sure they are compatible with a Targa 33 (Volvo AD41b's)

thoughts?

The link to the morse site is http://www.marinescene.co.uk/view/2632/teleflex-morse-mt3-engine-control-twin

aquapower

Visit site
I have done a few of these conversions now and it works ok, the morse levers are a bit smaller and I would usally mount them in a stainless steel plate. Its quite easy to do.

aquapower

Visit site
Thanks for that, any thing else to be aware of..........and overall would you say its worth the effort?

Thanks HW

Is well worth the effort, you wont regret it, only problem can be when theres not enough slack on cables to lift levers out high enough to disconnect.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
I have this mod on my boat, you will need a stainless plate making, ive also got a targa to retro fit morse levers, and yes the cables are very short, maybe unclip them enroute to the engines then it will make life easier to fit.

Beware though the stiffness isnt always the volvo levers, its usually worn out cables where the inner has cut into the liner over the years on the bends.

Id go for new cables while doing the job for that silky smooth operation afterwards.

asteven221

Visit site
I used Bainbridge Marine recently for a Morse issue and found them excellent.I have no affiliation with them other than as a customer. They did a good job for me recently and were good to deal with.