Volvo Penta MD7A Replacement

SansPareil

Visit site
I need to replace my 13 HP MD7A/Saildrive unit in my Miura 30' sloop. Any suggestions on suitable replacement with similar dimensions as space is limited. An increase in power, up to, say 20 HP would be useful.

As a newcomer, very impressed with this Forum and quick response to my first question. Thanks Jerry.

<hr width=100% size=1>

dickh

Visit site
If it's any use, on eBay someone is selling a complete MD7A with saildrive, newly painted, looks like it might be from a dealer, says it's been serviced, the eBay no is 2421756843. and they are asking £1000. Might be a lot cheaper than a new engine. Another replacement might be the Volvo Penta 2020 saildrive range - 19HP I believe, if you search around can often get good deals on new engines.

<hr width=100% size=1>dickh
I'd rather be sailing... :) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

johnsomerhausen

Visit site
I have an MD7A on my boat and wouldn't advise anybody to buy a used one; not they are bad (they are indestructible...), but the price of Volvo spares is such that it would be a losing proposition... My exhaust collector developed a leak last october and I was quoted $ 900 (~£ 600) for a replacement ! (so I had it welded shut. Were I to change, I'd go for the Betamarine 13 HP.
john

<hr width=100% size=1>