Volvo Penta MD-22 Seized / Repair or Replace?

Bobc

Visit site
Trouble is that by the time you pay someone to strip the engine down, get it re-bored, get the head planed, and re-build it all, you're 3/4 of the way to the cost of a new engine. If you can do the work yourself, then ok fine, but as soon as you have to start paying £70/hr, the costs really rack up.

convey

N/A
Visit site
Probably just condensation and some rust on the rings. I'd stick some diesel or diesel acetone mix down the bores.

Why would you need to skim the head after a light hone, which could probably be done by hand on the jetty side, or even bore? I think not "3/4 of the price of new" on a 50hp engine.

Just so folk know, you can light hone a cylinder using a hand drill and the right attachment.

Beneteau381

Visit site
Probably just condensation and some rust on the rings. I'd stick some diesel or diesel acetone mix down the bores.

Why would you need to skim the head after a light hone, which could probably be done by hand on the jetty side, or even bore? I think not "3/4 of the price of new" on a 50hp engine.

Just so folk know, you can light hone a cylinder using a hand drill and the right attachment.
Thats what I did with my spare