VOLVO PENTA AQ130 B18 or B20 HEAD

DBAdel

Visit site
Hi Members wondering if any members know where I can acquire a Volvo Penta AQ130C, B18 or B20 marine head. I recently took my boat out, and during the trip ran rough. I stopped it and found water in the oil. Once home I suspected the raw water pump, negative. Then the oil cooler, negative, then the exhaust manfold, but while taking that off decided to take the head off too. And do a top rebuild. Found the leak into cyl 4, and found manifold leaking like the river Nile. So found a replacement one. Then took the head to be cleaned and checked and low and behold it leaks above intake 4 valve. A double whammy !!!. I live in Adelaide South Australia. Done endless searching to no avail. Any members know where I can find one in good condition, that ships to Australia. Thanks Kindly.

DBAdel

Visit site
I took it a Head Reconditioner here in Adel they showed me its half eaten the valve collar and leaks from above cylinder 4 valve stem wall.

DBAdel

Visit site
Those are car heads they have different thermostat housing, and modifications need doing to convert. This is my old one. You'll see the differences kashurst. Cheers for you taking the interest o help.

Attachments

• 20240201_190114.jpg
    20240201_190114.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240201_204019.jpg
    20240201_204019.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240201_190151.jpg
    20240201_190151.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5

DBAdel

Visit site
Thank you for you taking the interest to help. Unfortunately only Volvo Penta AQ130 B18 or B20 fit. The head that was recently on was a B18 head which fits and matches perfectly, same pushrods, stud bolt holes, just valve ports cups smaller and it just makes a higher compression motor. Because my previous B20 head 10 years ago, was toast.

Thames warrior

Visit site
Hi Members wondering if any members know where I can acquire a Volvo Penta AQ130C, B18 or B20 marine head. I recently took my boat out, and during the trip ran rough. I stopped it and found water in the oil. Once home I suspected the raw water pump, negative. Then the oil cooler, negative, then the exhaust manfold, but while taking that off decided to take the head off too. And do a top rebuild. Found the leak into cyl 4, and found manifold leaking like the river Nile. So found a replacement one. Then took the head to be cleaned and checked and low and behold it leaks above intake 4 valve. A double whammy !!!. I live in Adelaide South Australia. Done endless searching to no avail. Any members know where I can find one in good condition, that ships to Australia. Thanks Kindly.
Hiya buddy I have possibly have 2 heads available