Volvo cooling pipe needed

Terry Turbitt

Visit site
My Volvo md2001 circa 1987 has a failed cooling water pipe, the little flange that holds the sealing ring has corroded through.
The pipe approximately L shaped and about 16cm long with the said flange on one end and a circular bump at the other to secure to rubber hose. It comes off the front of the cylinder head and then joins the rubber hose to the anti syphon valve.
Any clues to where I could get one, or even repair this one, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Terry

Terry Turbitt

Visit site
Thanks to both of you. I have trawled through the dealers websites and cannot see the pipe I need. Besides I am sure the price would be exorbitant, I was hoping to find a secondhand one.
Terry

VicS

Visit site
My Volvo md2001 circa 1987 has a failed cooling water pipe, the little flange that holds the sealing ring has corroded through.
The pipe approximately L shaped and about 16cm long with the said flange on one end and a circular bump at the other to secure to rubber hose. It comes off the front of the cylinder head and then joins the rubber hose to the anti syphon valve.
Any clues to where I could get one, or even repair this one, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Terry
According to Volspec that pipe, hose connection, Part no. 840732, is no longer available See Sea Water Pump with Install. Comps. Seawater-cooled Engine (84O557)

It is however still listed by Marinepartseurop.com at a little over €119, See 2001 - marine diesel engines

Last edited:

chris-s

Visit site
Thanks, Terry
I wonder if you could simply solder a copper crush washer onto the end, or something like that. Or depending on how badly corroded it is maybe just build it back up with solder. If soldering isn’t your forte, find a friendly plumber.

Chris

Terry Turbitt

Visit site
Thank you all. I had wondered about trying to repair it with solder, I will see if I can find a suitable washer and have a go. Failing that I will bite the bullet and order a new one as VicS suggests. Thanks, I didn't know they were available.
I had seen the ebay items Chris-s suggests but buying a load of pipes for a 2003 seems a bit excessive.
Thanks, Terry

chris-s

Visit site
Volvo Penta cooling water pipes

Cooling water pipe series 2000 Volvo Penta 840732

volvo-penta-cooling-water-pipe-series-2000-volvo-p.jpg

Terry Turbitt

Visit site
Thank you all. Knowing the part number allowed me to do an extensive search and I found one for £40.
To be delivered in 2 days - in time for the good weather! 😊
Thanks
Terry