volvo 2002 engine,antisyphon loop position?

VicS

Visit site
A minimum of 40cms above the waterline in the water pump discharge. In the seawater outlet from the heat exchanger may be possible if indirectly cooled

Diagram showing a Volvo antisyphon valve
11036.jpg

Last edited:

jmuir1

Visit site
Hi,
Its a freshwater cooled engine but unsure if i can install it on the sea water outlet of the heat exchanger as it looks as this goes straight into the exhaust elbow from volvo 2002 manual. I can install it between the seawater pump and the heat exchanger as it looks like the pipe on the heat exchanger is held in place with a small metal plate. Is the hard pipe from the seawater pump just a push in fit?

John
ps thanks for input so far...always grateful for info!

sailorman

Visit site
Hi,
Its a freshwater cooled engine but unsure if i can install it on the sea water outlet of the heat exchanger as it looks as this goes straight into the exhaust elbow from volvo 2002 manual. I can install it between the seawater pump and the heat exchanger as it looks like the pipe on the heat exchanger is held in place with a small metal plate. Is the hard pipe from the seawater pump just a push in fit?

John
ps thanks for input so far...always grateful for info!

mine is between the raw water pump & the H.E. with a piddler into the cockpit so i can spot any inlet blockage

jmuir1

Visit site
cheers, will fit it there as it seems like the only sensible place. Is your engine a 2002 or similar volvo

John