Visiting London

Gin

Visit site
Do a forum search as this has been discussed before but since I intend to make a visit next season my feelings are:-

St. Kats- very pleasant venue and convenient for eateries and touristy stuff from a convenient starting point.
but the harbour doesn't, allegedly, consider its boating clientele first and foremost and if the tides are at unsociable hours you may well be inconvenienced in the locking out arrangements which will set for the staff not boaters.

Limehouse on the other hand, it seems, is more user friendly and I anticipate less busy. Not so conveniently situated to walk into the City but the locking out is not so much of a problem.

For me, therefore, if the tides are right I would go for St. kats but if not I would take a chance on Limehouse

muckypup

Visit site
We were toying with the idea of visiting St. Kats next year for a week. It's about 68nm from BYH to St. Kats, or nearly 10 hours sailing time... need to be setting off at first light in the summer months.

S.

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
I expect we will make a stop in the Medway and hope to pick up a few more on the way. Don't know if Queenborough All Tide Landing is open but that seems a convenient stop and then leave a couple of hours before LW to carry the full flood up the Thames.

In my 27' boat if there is a headwind and any chop I will only make 4 to 4.5 knots so need all the tidal help I can get!

pennycar9

Visit site
In my experience I would head for Limehouse, Quiet ,yes Helpful?yes. resonable cost? without a doubt. CA head quarters on site. St Kats is good if you like vermin and noise and expense and indolence!!!!!!!!!