Video Boat Tours - Thread

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
The OFFICIAL Sunseeker 88 Yacht Walkthrough

Combining a superyacht feel with all the practical advantages of a yacht in this size category, the 88 Yacht has impressive, and new to the brand, exterior lines and a sleek hardtop roof with optional central opening canopy. This yacht will stand out in any marina around the world.

GravyStain

Visit site
Another "Meet the Owner" video from Nick, this time with Jim Davidson on his Princess 61

Lovely boat and looks well kept
I met him at the Southampton (non) Boatshow last year. A genuinely nice chap. We chatted for a bit and he picked up his phone, called his broker chum and told him to look after me boatwise.

He was quite happy to take the piss out of himself, myself and the wife too in all general regard (in a nice way). All in all he seemed a genuine chap whether you like his politics or not.

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
2021 Brand New Sunseeker Predator 74 XPS - Seatrial & Full Walk-Thru Tour

Join James Lumley from Sunseeker Southampton on a full in-depth tour & seatrial of this stunning new 2021 Sunseeker Predator 74 XPS.

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
New 2021 Galeon 410 HTC For Sale at MarineMax Clearwater

Galeon’s 410 HTC has the same, tried-and-true hull as the builder’s popular 400 FLY model, but in a sleek and sporty coupe package. The 410 combines a mega-yacht-quality interior with a top-grade exterior, highlighted by such features as an electrically actuated roof above the cockpit and a bowdeck lounge with convertible, flip-up seating. Other points of interest onboard include a sunroof over the helm station, a fully integrated galley, and, of course, Galeon’s famous Beach Mode, which enhances the yacht’s already sizable entertainment area at the push of a button. This boat is powered by 2 Volvo Penta Diesel Engines.

Portofino

Visit site
2021 Brand New Sunseeker Predator 74 XPS - Seatrial & Full Walk-Thru Tour

Join James Lumley from Sunseeker Southampton on a full in-depth tour & seatrial of this stunning new 2021 Sunseeker Predator 74 XPS.

Looks like “ a baboons bottom “ .To recycle JD s new boat description term :LOL:

I know you can spec the colour etc but in the Med that particular spec will degrade and feel hot in the suns UV .
Also did you all notice the wipers on .Loadsa spray at least hitting the glass .
I have always said this and have no hesitation repeating TRY before you BUY .

Duff hull they have brought too much vol Fwds ( obviously for the boat show interior spec wow factor ) , it’s too curvaceous fwd the hard chine water separation is too Fwds running and spray is whipped over the bow onto the boat .
I would have just ( after a few points of wind ) just turned round and parked it up and said my goodbyes.

Any how they have making theses since 2008 , still are 3/4 per annum .
Out performs the 74 Pred , std 1823 Hp MTU s good for 42 knots , cruises at 37 all day .

The front screen is electrically retracted into the HT .Tender garaged is under the sunpad discrete .

They are dry rides importantly.Spray is deflected more laterally and rearwards .

GravyStain

Visit site
Looks like “ a baboons bottom “ .To recycle JD s new boat description term :LOL:

I know you can spec the colour etc but in the Med that particular spec will degrade and feel hot in the suns UV .
Also did you all notice the wipers on .Loadsa spray at least hitting the glass .
I have always said this and have no hesitation repeating TRY before you BUY .

Duff hull they have brought too much vol Fwds ( obviously for the boat show interior spec wow factor ) , it’s too curvaceous fwd the hard chine water separation is too Fwds running and spray is whipped over the bow onto the boat .
I would have just ( after a few points of wind ) just turned round and parked it up and said my goodbyes.

Any how they have making theses since 2008 , still are 3/4 per annum .
Out performs the 74 Pred , std 1823 Hp MTU s good for 42 knots , cruises at 37 all day .

The front screen is electrically retracted into the HT .Tender garaged is under the sunpad discrete .

They are dry rides importantly.Spray is deflected more laterally and rearwards .
Now that's a stunner Porto.

Portofino

Visit site
specsavers called your appointment is friday. its honestly terrible and a massive waste of space its like those silly american fisher things
“ put up or shut up “ a phase that springs to mind .
Show us a suitable Med 24 M none FB pred 74 rival . in your eyes .

No space wasted you can get fwd sunpad s + pop up binimi s . Which spaces compared to the new Pred 74 are you referring to
?
These 2008 era designs ( + evolutionary upgrades ) are much better space wise . Marco Casali is the designer btw FWIW ....prob nothing !

Ck out this longer Vid , it’s 6 mins so at the outer limits of a lot on here attention span . :unsure:
Warning - you need to watch it a few times to pick up on the Italian design details.Takes a few passes .
Eat your heart out S / S kr Pred what ever . :LOL:

Feel sorry for the S//Sker sale persons at Cannes . No chance .

Last edited:

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
£3.1M Yacht Tour & Sea Trial Pearl 80

Not only a full tour of this magnificent luxury motor yacht, but a drive of it too! It doesn't get better than this.

Portofino

Visit site

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
a massive waste of space its like those silly american fisher things

I really would like to see all boats build as the American Sport Fisher things.
Have you ever been onboard a Viking or a Hatteras or a Cabo.
Really another standard of engineering. A much higher standard.
Some of the Italians (the custom yards of Viareggio/Genoa and Ferretti) where close to this in the nineties.
But Americans with Cabo and Viking first really raised the bar again.

As for Pearl they had some lamination problems (some 10/15 yeas ago), which I hope they have solved as there new designs are really nice.
In the bigger sizes (60 plus) it looks like they have taken the place of Fairline as Britains third builder.
Are they still build in Turkey or is it now a British operation? What was it Turkey laminated fitted in England, or it was a full operation.

Portofino

Visit site
Here‘s another Italian riposte to the current Sunsseker Preditor range .Currently shows in the Med show circuit .They do a range .
Ck out this 80 with quadruple V10 MTU 1622 hp .

Sunseeker used to be up there once with this power , performance and speed thing 20 or so years ago with triple Pred 75 , and 82 s on Arnesons. They have lost there way moved away from this segment despite clinging on to previous glorious performance nomenclature like “ Preditor“

I guess it the buyers forcing, and rivals at shows the interior wow factor .Possibly theses days the Jim Davidson’s boaty buyers are declining and more if you like new money is coming in .New money with little past boat experience so @ shows all they can base there decisions on are the things they see tied up at the dock ?

.Remember the spec of the new Pred 75 in the vids boat was the bigger 1900 twins only touching 37 knots .I don’t know any captains who regularly run MANs over 2100 rpm let alone 2340 or what ever . Std engines for that boat are twin the 1550 s .

Its what it can cruise at around 80 % load I think is better figure to report a comparable yard stick .

You can imagine the OTAM boats moored near the Sunseekers at a show .Bit like parking Ferraris / Lamborghini s next to the Vauxhall/ ford stand at a motor show .
I know a lot of you on here are U.K. centric , Solent centric I get that .

Portofino

Visit site
I didnt build the boat i just posted the video on a forum :(

Maybe you should write an email to Nick Burnham or MBY and tell them about DD (Due Diligence)

(y)
He knows .That’s the point !
Picking up on Liams questions ( PYB ^ post 57 ) pity Nick did not mention early on a word or two on quality control at the new [ insert yard location ] blah blah .I am no wordsmith but as a viewer I would want THAT reassurance with this brand .
Missed a trick there imho .
Nice boat for sure well designed etc etc nothing to dislike . But needs this lingering build quality monkey off it’s back for those with memories. ;)

Andrew M

Visit site
I really would like to see all boats build as the American Sport Fisher things.
Have you ever been onboard a Viking or a Hatteras or a Cabo.
Really another standard of engineering. A much higher standard.
Some of the Italians (the custom yards of Viareggio/Genoa and Ferretti) where close to this in the nineties.
But Americans with Cabo and Viking first really raised the bar again.

As for Pearl they had some lamination problems (some 10/15 yeas ago), which I hope they have solved as there new designs are really nice.
In the bigger sizes (60 plus) it looks like they have taken the place of Fairline as Britains third builder.
Are they still build in Turkey or is it now a British operation? What was it Turkey laminated fitted in England, or it was a full operation.

I believe the P60 era boats, like ours, had the hulls laid up abroad (very possibly Turkey) and were then finished here in UK, Stratford I thought ? We love our 60 and whenever we visited boats shows still didn't see anything that we considered to suit us better. For the size she offers us everything we need and access around the boat, bearing in mind we always have the dog on board, is unsurpassed. Can't say about the modern build process, but am assuming it's hull from abroad (Turkey, Taiwan??) finish in UK

Edit : just out if interest I've asked some one with good knowledge about these, and it looks like all 60 hulls were laid up in UK, and majority of hulls fit out completed in Stratford.

Last edited: