Vetus Bow thruster issues

rogerthebodger

Visit site
That manual doesn't seem to cover Cavalierbond's 23kgf thruster. But this one might - vetus-bow-prop-bow13024-user-manualpdf-dolcetto

yes the bow thrusters in the manual I posted are the same design and are really just increase thrust

Mine is a 85kgf but is of the ame design and the one in the manual in your 80kgf and in the one I posted as the 90kgf

I little while ago Vetus redesigned the prop that increased the thrust and reduced the noise. Mine had the older design prop but I purchased one of the new deign last time was in the UK and it did increase thrust and reduced the noise. This was just by observation and no measurements.

The OP 23 kgf became the 25kgf and then the 30kgf but the design i the same.

pvb

Visit site
yes the bow thrusters in the manual I posted are the same design and are really just increase thrust

Mine is a 85kgf but is of the ame design and the one in the manual in your 80kgf and in the one I posted as the 90kgf

I little while ago Vetus redesigned the prop that increased the thrust and reduced the noise. Mine had the older design prop but I purchased one of the new deign last time was in the UK and it did increase thrust and reduced the noise. This was just by observation and no measurements.

The OP 23 kgf became the 25kgf and then the 30kgf but the design i the same.

Well, I'll take your word for it, but the diagram of the 23kgf thruster looks rather different from the diagram of the 30kgf thruster. ;)

rogerthebodger

Visit site
I am looking at pic 6 on the last page of your posted manual.

This pic has the old prop and the anode if shown fitted to the leg.

It looks like iten 4 is the seal and item is the shear pin.

The bolt that holds the prop on the shaft is not shown

On mine page 7 section 4.

The prop is the new type higher thrust and quirter.

The anode is shown seperate and the shear pin is shown above towards the back at the top.

The seal is not shown at all.

The bolt that holds the prop on is shown.

The pic on page 13 shows how the motor iis bolted on and item 11 is the coupling between the motor and the gearbox/leg.

Are you looking at different pictures if so let me know I I will have a look.

My bow thruster is shown on page 17. There are some minor differences except the size on the way the prop is held on with 2 self tappers into the prop which strip when you tighten then up without too much force.

pvb

Visit site
I am looking at pic 6 on the last page of your posted manual.

This pic has the old prop and the anode if shown fitted to the leg.

It looks like iten 4 is the seal and item is the shear pin.

The bolt that holds the prop on the shaft is not shown

On mine page 7 section 4.

The prop is the new type higher thrust and quirter.

The anode is shown seperate and the shear pin is shown above towards the back at the top.

The seal is not shown at all.

The bolt that holds the prop on is shown.

The pic on page 13 shows how the motor iis bolted on and item 11 is the coupling between the motor and the gearbox/leg.

Are you looking at different pictures if so let me know I I will have a look.

My bow thruster is shown on page 17. There are some minor differences except the size on the way the prop is held on with 2 self tappers into the prop which strip when you tighten then up without too much force.

So, maybe possibly confusing for the OP? I'm sure he's capable of deciding which manual suits his thruster.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
So, maybe possibly confusing for the OP? I'm sure he's capable of deciding which manual suits his thruster.

I am sure thee OP can decide but what are the differences you see or have you conceded that there is no significant differences.