Vendee Globe 2020 - A British affair...?

flaming

Visit site
Maybe an exaggeration, but there are more Brits "intending to enter" than at any point I can remember. The ones I'm aware of are....

Alex Thompson.
Sam Davies
Pip Hare
Hannah Stodel
Phil Sharp

Alex needs no introduction and will be one of, if not the, race favourite.
Sam also needs little introduction, and is back after missing the last Vendee for family reasons. She's got the boat that finished 3rd last time, and is a foiler, so could be pretty well up the fleet. Will be interesting to see if she fits new foils, and if so how close to the new boats that gets her.
Pip has a boat and has just announced her campaign. Boat is not a foiler but is well proven.
Hannah is also aiming to be the first truly single handed Vendee skipper, as she was born with only one arm. Getting round will be the aim.
Phil Sharp is the reigning Class 40 champion and has announced a new boat to be built. Will be one to watch.

Exciting times for British ocean racing!

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
If Phil Sharp had a little more Southern Ocean on his CV I would be popping an each way on him.

I would love AT to win it though. Somehow representative of "bulldog spirit" despite his sponsors.

flaming

Visit site
If Phil Sharp had a little more Southern Ocean on his CV I would be popping an each way on him.

I would love AT to win it though. Somehow representative of "bulldog spirit" despite his sponsors.

Agree, Alex for the win... Lot of pressure on the new build he's about to start. If Phil's boat is on the pace I'd expect him to be right up there going down the Atlantic.

npf1

Visit site
PRB looking promising, now with latest gen foils. He sped past everyone on the final leg of the race a few weeks back. RdR will be interesting.

flaming

Visit site
PRB looking promising, now with latest gen foils. He sped past everyone on the final leg of the race a few weeks back. RdR will be interesting.

It will. I'm just hoping that the fleet survives the pasting they're looking like getting on the way out of Biscay...