VDO Tachometer N02070009

Reflection

Visit site
Can anyone help me please with where to get the setup instructions/Manual for the above Tachometer head which is fitted to Volvo TAMD 63L.
Also does anyone have an idea how to check if the problem lies with the Tacho sensor or the head.
Tacho does not read at all, hours meter displays hours but has stopped counting. However when Engine is starte the hours display commences flashing.
Any help appreciated.
Rgds
Richard

TNT

Visit site
vdo

I was working on an old camper nicolson and had a problem with the proximity sensor at the flywheel, got in touch with them direct and they were very helpful, managed to adapt a new tacho to link to the alternator. talk to them direct

aluijten

Visit site
Not sure for your specific model, but most diesel rev-counters use a connection to the alternator to determine the RPM's . It's basically a frequency counter because when the RPMs go up so does the frequency of the un-rectified current output of the alternator. So you may have a problem with the alternator.

Reflection

Visit site
Tks all, but I have checked cabling and all is fine. Signal is not taken off the alternator in this case but instead off a dedicated sensor on the injector pump drive gear

philwebb

Visit site
MANUAL

I fitted a new tacho to my MD5 and still have a set of instructions. Let me have your
address by pm and I will send you a copy. If you send me your email I will try to scan it and send it as a file attachment but I can't guarantee this method. You need to enter codes into
the tacho depending on the sensor and the number of cylinders the engine has. My sensor
was a magnetic pickup which was easy to faultfind ( no continuity). Some of the other
methods probably need an instrument like a portable oscilloscope to look at the signal.
You could try swapping the sensor with a known good one.