Vathi Marina Meganissi Anyone wintered there?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
There two or three boat who normally winter out on there anchor two bays up , we been there early part of the year and again later in Nov and not seen anyone about , it can be quite wet but the little village is open and there ferry each day to Nidri . If your planning to live aboard , maybe Nidri or Lefkas , lafkes Marina was given 30 % off last year but it may not be that much this year .

NornaBiron

www.flickr.com
We wintered on the hook in Meganissi a few years ago, just before the marina opened. Hector's 'supermarket' stays open, as do a few bars. When we needed provisions and company we use to head to Vlicho bay, anchor and get the bus to Lefkas to restock. It does rain quite a bit in the winter and can get chilly. However, we look back on that winter fondly so it can't have been all bad!

chrisgee

Visit site
We wintered on the hook in Meganissi a few years ago, just before the marina opened. Hector's 'supermarket' stays open, as do a few bars. When we needed provisions and company we use to head to Vlicho bay, anchor and get the bus to Lefkas to restock. It does rain quite a bit in the winter and can get chilly. However, we look back on that winter fondly so it can't have been all bad!

thanks to all for the info --looks interesting.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I think you ill find Odysseas is significantly less than Lefkas Marina. At least it was when I last looked 2 years ago.
That may or may not be the case , but lefkes is a fully open town over the winter , with lots going on , plus Liveaboards in the Marina , and if the OP is plain iong to stay on board , belive me the last place you want to be is in the middle of no where with no one around . Especially if you have a wife / partner , women do like to socially and make friends over winter , well us men do too .

nickf

Visit site
That may or may not be the case , but lefkes is a fully open town over the winter , with lots going on , plus Liveaboards in the Marina , and if the OP is plain iong to stay on board , belive me the last place you want to be is in the middle of no where with no one around . Especially if you have a wife / partner , women do like to socially and make friends over winter , well us men do too .

Vic, I accept that Lefkas is larger and busier than Vathi nor was I suggesting that the OP necessarily stays at Odysseas - I was just pointing out that Odysseas is not as expensive as Levkas Marina (or it wasn't when I last compared the two) which seemed to be the suggestion.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Vic, I accept that Lefkas is larger and busier than Vathi nor was I suggesting that the OP necessarily stays at Odysseas - I was just pointing out that Odysseas is not as expensive as Levkas Marina (or it wasn't when I last compared the two) which seemed to be the suggestion.
Your probliy right regarding price , we paid 650 euros last winter for three months . The case was then that if you had at less three months you got 30 % off the cost , Tho I understand this year it may only be 25 % . Water powe Extra

Thedreamoneday

Visit site
Your probliy right regarding price , we paid 650 euros last winter for three months . The case was then that if you had at less three months you got 30 % off the cost , Tho I understand this year it may only be 25 % . Water powe Extra

Interesting to know, out of interest was this offered Vic or did you haggle?

Cheers

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Interesting to know, out of interest was this offered Vic or did you haggle?

Cheers
No haggling involved , we make it a rule never to book our winter stop , because to pay an deposit in advance then end up losing it because some thing happens and we have to chance our plain .
We arrived in lafkes in Nov and booked a three month berth at the office , with the option of Another month at the same price if we needed to stay longer , we got 30 % discount but we had to book and pay for at less three months , we was told by others that they also give a discount for CA and RYA member but that does not apply on winter deals . Before we left we did ask about 2015 2016 and was told that the discount would prob be 25 % because the Marina has now been partly taken over by a Turkish company .
We was lucky to also get free power and water , but new meters are now installed .
Just a note , if you planning to live on board , it's a good stop , the town is open all winter , there lots to do , a small but friendly bunch of yachties and best of all no Marina politics .

Thedreamoneday

Visit site
Thanks for the update, I did go twice over there s winter whilst buying my new boat and yes it is a lively place.

We're planning to spend winter 16 there so very please to hear of a potential 25% discount, more 'Mythos' tokens :)